2010 Q4 Goals
- War on Orange (creating a dashboard and driving an effort to attack intermittent test failures)
- Addons testing service (around performance and correctness)
- Nightly tester tools update
- Pulse (productizing the feature)
Android - ctalbert, bmoss, jmaher
- Aki and Bear are making good progress here
- Fixed some reftest issues last week that they had found
- Also landed some talos changes to fix a few small bugs
- Need to address some perfconfigurator issues this week
Mozmill Buildbot Integration - jhammel
- Landed update to Mozmill and first set of mozmill tests into m-c
- Have review from jhford on buildbot steps for mozmill
- Need to land a mozmill restart test today
Better Performance Metrics - anode, ?
- Automation & tools staging system is up and running!
- Jmaher and Jhammel were able to use it successfully last week
- Still have a few more things to iron out, but it is officially open
- Talos is now in Hg - that should go live this week during the next releng downtime
CrossWeave - jgriffin
- Adding email support this week to email on failures
Firebug Test framework - ahal
- Got firebug test system up and running again last week with Andrew's help - it had been limping along due to the power outage two weeks ago.
- Going to check it and be sure it all survived the castro street downtime over the weekend.
Profile Manager - jgriffin, jhammel
- Looking for a few good beta testers.
- Have about 2 more weeks before ready to declare "go" for beta.
- "Beta" is landing this into m-c.
- Need to localize the strings and complete the test framework before landing in m-c (once we branch)
Bug Hunter - bc
- No movement on IT issues to get access to network in PHX due to IT's other networking concerns last week
- Pinging IT this week and going to try to get things resolved.
Mozmill 2.0 - harth, jhammel, ctalbert et all
- Common JS support for shared modules landed
- JS Ctype socket code is getting closer to reality (to make offline testing in Mozmill possible).
GrafxBot - jgriffin
- Still getting results in, though they are slowing down. Have 14,000 results since the beta 5 launch.
- Released a new version that can toggle the proper preferences to test hardware accelerated layers
- Need to follow up with JoeDrew to see what new tests should be added for layers testing
Webdriver - ahal
- No news
Manifest for the manifest-less - jmaher, jgriffin, anode
- No news
Jetpack Test Buildbot Integration - ctalbert
- All the pieces required for RelEng support are in Releng hands.
- Waiting on results from lsblakk's staging run with the code to see if any other changes are required.
The Round Table
War on Orange
- Had a good meeting with the platform team last week to outline our plans, they were receptive to them
- Going to start working with the metrics team this week to understand how to best store the log data so that we can get the data we need out of it.
Mozmill 1.4.2 aka 1.5 Released Bugzilla Review & REST API Improvements (2010 Q2) Implement AddOns Performance prototype system Initial Landing of E10s Enabled Mochitest Websockets Test Infrastructure Support