Treeherder is a reporting dashboard for checkins to Mozilla projects (for example, mozilla-central). It allows users to see the results of automatic builds and their respective tests. Treeherder also provides a rich set of APIs that can be used by other projects interested in this information.
Treeherder is the successor to TBPL.
For tracking performance data, see Treeherder's sister project, Perfherder.
To make UI changes, in many cases you only need to perform a very simple setup running a local webserver pointing at the production instance, described here. If you wish to hack on the backend, or the UI and backend together, you will instead need to set up a Vagrant environment, using these steps.
- A-Team Bootcamp: Best practices for working on A-Team projects (of which Treeherder is one), including valuable information on using Git and Bugzilla. If you're new to Mozilla or the A-Team, please read this guide thoroughly before proceeding.
- Good first bugs for new developers: Bugs Ahoy
- Issue tracker: Report a bug / search open bugs / bug triage
- We use the autolander tool for automatically linking github pull requests to bugs.
- Mozilla Treeherder instances: Staging / Production (mana page) / Deployed changes info
Source and Docs
- UI & backend: Source / Docs
- Treeherder data submission clients:
- Treeherder Project Debriefs
Getting in touch
- Chat on IRC: #treeherder / learn about IRC / channel logs
- Mailing list: tools-treeherder (or via Google groups)
- Weekly meetings: Notes & dial-in details
What we're working on
Assigned Treeherder bugs that have been modified in the last month. View on Bugzilla
|1499551||P1||Treeherder: Frontend||Treeherder consuming much memory/RAM (and CPU due to GC/garbage collection?)||Cameron Dawson [:camd]|
|1675594||P1||Treeherder: Infrastructure||cycle_data task for treeherder data is not working||Ionuț Goldan [:igoldan]|
|1677134||--||Treeherder: Frontend||add pretty names for recently added platforms||Sebastian Hengst [:aryx] (needinfo on intermittent or backout)|
|1674462||--||Treeherder: Log Parsing & Classification||don't set a priority and severity for bugs filed for crashes in automation||Sebastian Hengst [:aryx] (needinfo on intermittent or backout)|
|1673721||--||Treeherder: Log Parsing & Classification||change severity of intermittent bugs reported with Treeherder's bugfiler to S4||Sebastian Hengst [:aryx] (needinfo on intermittent or backout)|
|1678123||--||Treeherder: Frontend||Add a label for windows10-64-ccov-qr||Kartikaya Gupta (email:firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|1671765||--||Treeherder: API||Change django.conf.urls.url() to django.urls.re_path()||Sparsh Bansal|
Bugs fixed in the last 14 days. View on Bugzilla
|1672967||Treeherder: Job Triggering & Cancellation||retriggering backfill task (*-bk) creates non-backfill version of chunk containing different tests||Andrew Halberstadt [:ahal]|
|1640024||Treeherder: Log Parsing & Classification||Getting structured log entries with `action` of `group_result`||Cameron Dawson [:camd]|
|1649798||Treeherder: Log Viewer||Add option to always show job information in log viewer||Cameron Dawson [:camd]|
|1676186||Treeherder: Frontend||No scroll in push health view||Cameron Dawson [:camd]|
|1675835||Treeherder: Frontend||Selecting jobs at https://treeherder.mozilla.org/jobs?repo=try&revision=6ba73edce7fc63e15799dc027183753932539329 fails|