Note: These activities should be completed before or at the same time we have the merge for the next major release of Firefox.
Update Firefox Release Health Page
Update the configuration file in:
Using a fork of the project, create a pull request which increments the version numbers.
Adding a new "rapid release" version to Firefox/Core/Thunderbird
During the days before a merge date check in with the Release Management team and ask when they want to increment the fields.
- Look for a bug with the title release tracking flag refresh (
- If you don't find it, clone the bug for the most recent version
- If you still can't find it create a BMO:: Administration bug to track the new versions/milestones
- Use subject: release tracking flag refresh (
Status and Release Flags
The flags for release status and tracking are created with the release tracking flags administration page, not the "custom fields" page.
- Create a copy of the current release's version of the following flags, updating the name and sort-order:
- copy cf_tracking_firefoxN to cf_tracking_firefoxN+1
- copy cf_status_firefoxN to cf_status_firefoxN+1
Verify who can modify these. Only members of the
mozilla-next-drivers group may set a tracking flag to something other than ?. Members of the
canconfirm group can set status flags or set a tracking flag to ?.
- Check with the Thunderbird team on the #MailDev channel about the Thunderbird status and tracking flags
- copy cf_tracking_thunderbirdN to cf_tracking_thunderbirdN
- copy cf_status_thunderbirdN to cf_status_thunderbirdN
- edit the flags for previous (now released) versions (N-4) and uncheck 'active':
- update cf_blocking_fennec (which is tracking-fennec in the UI) (add N+2, disable N-4):
- add "32+"
- disable "25+"
- update cf_tracking_firefox_relnote (which is relnote-firefox in the UI) (add N+1, disable N-4 except for ESR)
- add "31+"
- disable "25+" (unless this is the current ESR version)
- update the current esr tracking field: cf_tracking_firefox_esr* (add N+2)
- add "32+"
Use the milestone admin page add new milestones.
The template strings listed may not be the only forms of string in the lists of milestones.
Move the --- milestone marker to between N-1 and N for all products where a milestone was added:
- Android Background Services: "Firefox N"
- Chat Core: "Instantbird N"
- Cloud Services: "mozillaN"
- Core: "mozillaN"
- Firefox: "Firefox N"
- Firefox for Android: "Firefox N"
- Firefox Health Report: "Firefox N"
- : "Instantbird N"
- MailNews Core: "Thunderbird N.0"
- Mozilla Localizations: "mozillaN"
- Mozilla QA: "Firefox N"
- Other Applications: "mozillaN"
- Taskcluster: "mozillaN"
- Testing: "mozillaN"
- Thunderbird: "Thunderbird N.0"
- Toolkit: "mozillaN"
Needinfo :Tomcat to let you know when to proceed with moving the milestone markers.
Use the version admin page to add new versions.
- Android Background Services: "Firefox 30"
- Chat Core "30"
- Core: "30 Branch"
- Firefox: "30 Branch"
- Firefox for Android: "30 Branch"
- Firefox Health Report: "30 Branch"
- Instantbird "30"
- MailNews Core: "30"
- Mozilla QA: "Firefox 30"
- Tech Evangelism: "Firefox 30"
- Testing: "30 Branch"
- Thunderbird: "30 Branch"
- Toolkit: "30 Branch"
Adding a "rapid release" version to SeaMonkey
To determine the correct version number to add, check with a SeaMonkey owner first (Callek, or any member of the SeaMonkey Council).
these steps use 2.27 as an example.
use the release tracking flags admin page to:
- copy the prior flags and edit as per firefox
- copy cf_tracking_seamonkey226 to cf_tracking_seamonkey_227
- copy cf_status_seamonkey226 to cf_status_seamonkey_227
- deactivate old flags for previous (now released) versions (N-4)
- deactivate cf_tracking_seamonkey223 and cf_status_seamonkey223
use the milestone admin page to:
- add a new milestone "seamonkey2.27"
- move the --- milestone marker to between seamonkey2.26 and seamonkey2.27
use the version admin page to:
- add a new version "SeaMonkey 2.27 Branch"