Firefox/Projects/Personas Uplift Exploration/Weekly Meetings Notes 10.08.09
- Code frozen for beta
- Late next week (16th) or early in the 20th
- Undo feature in test builds
- Follow the link in the agend
- Big Issues are 1) Caching and 2) Question around the daily pingback
- Process for beta: 1) beta out the door, 2) file bugs for beta, 3) fix bugs
- String freeze was a couple of weeks ago, typically no break
• But in this case undo support feels important enough
• Plan is to discuss with the localization team
• Waiting for next week for cluster
• Beta to anticipate load demand?
- progress on L10N
- Ryan is full time on AMO and extra time on getpersonas.com
- To Do: Suneel to sync Ryan with design work being done by Chris Howse and AMO
- Agency mockups almost finalized
- Chris Howse helping with flows
- To Do: Tara to sync up with Beltzner about surfacing features in Beta release
Personas included in Collections
• To Do: need to sync up editorial
• To Do: Chris Howse regarding pagination and sync with Web dev
• Next step is to do a review of the process
• To Do: Beltzner idea: new field if you grabbed this from the interent, then where field
Two questions: 1) what do we call it for press, 2) what do we call it in product?
- for press, call it Personas
- in product, keep it as Themes and message as 'Personas are a kind of theme'.
• Why? Ship schedule and existing relationship
• Question: Could we add “personas” as a suffix in the Themes manager?
- To Do: Suneel to file a bug and set as dependency to rename Themes tab to reflect Personas
- Server side fixes so that Theme manager says "Fireflies Persona by Madonna" instead of just "Fireflies by Madonna"