This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Description of Release
This is a firedrill release to fix security and stability issues that became clear after Firefox 126.96.36.199 shipped.
Specific Test Plan for this Release
- Ongoing: Bug Verifications
- Code Freeze: 11/14
- Bug Verifications: 11/15 - 4 people
- Smoketests: 11/15 - 4 people
- Windows BFTs: 11/16 - 4 people
- l10n Testing: 11/19 - 3 people
- Betatest Channel Testing: 11/20 - 4 people
- Beta Channel Testing: 11/20 - 4 people
Release to Beta channel on Tuesday, 11/20 at 3:00 PM.
- Update Build IDs on QA/Talkback/Build IDs
- Releasetest & Release Update Testing: 11/26 - 4 people
- Release to World: 11/26 - 3:00 PM
- Smoketests and Bug Verification - 11/15
- twalker (Security tests via eggplant Win and Mac)
- BFTs and Bug Verification - 11/16
- twalker (complete BFT on Win XP)
- l10n and Betatest channel - 11/19
- Note: Betatest channel may move to 11/20 because of FF3 B1
- Beta updates/release - 11/20