Firefox:3.0 QA Activities
- 1 Firefox 3 Test Plan DRAFT
- 2 Meeting Notes
- 3 Milestone Tasks
- 4 Test Results for Alpha Releases
Firefox 3 Test Plan DRAFT
- Focus on new features and develop automated tests or manual tests in Litmus
- Ramp up from smoke tests (old regression tests and new functional tests) to FFTs (old regression and new functional) to peak with the FFTs during the Beta 2 and RC1 test cycles. Then switch back to BFTs on Windows and smoke tests for RC2, RC3 and any respins.
Milestone by Milestone plans:
|Milestone||Smoke test||BFT||FFT||Focused Testing|
Old Feature Regression testing
New Feature Functional Testing
Software Update Testing
- Run update script to identify issues
- Test the following matrix to identify any potential issues
- Run the suite of Software Update tests in Litmus
Extended Extension testing
The Criteria here is to test all the Recently added extensions, Top Extensions, Recommended Extensions. Then also test roughly the top 10 each of the Newest and Top Rated Extensions. This is a lot! This is a total of 52 extensions. We need community help with this!
The testing of this is not very detailed. The plan is to try out ~3 main features to see if the extension can be installed, used in it basic modes of operation, and uninstalls cleanly.
Anyone helping should either add their results info about what you tested (your name, feature tested, build id, Version string, pass/fail status, and notes) to the
or email results to email@example.com.
Extended Top Site testing
- Migration from Firefox 1.0, Firefox 1.5.0.x, and 2.0.0.x Profiles
- Need to create a set of profiles and have them available for download
- Profiles with History
- Engage community help with this?
- Profiles with the Top 10 AMO Extensions installed
- Profiles with recommended extensions installed
Organized Community Testing
- Biweekly community test days
- Weekly community bug days
- Y! CJK
- Google CJK