Mobile/Firefox for iOS/Status Report/25-Mar-2015
Hot Topics & Risk Areas
- Risk status has not changed for items moved to the Parking Lot/At Risk list.
- Clear Private Data & Managing Bookmarks Locally (Delete) are being decomposed, and will be partially completed for V1.0. Definition of what pieces 'will' make it is not final, and depends on time/resources available.
- Offline Reading & Send Tab To will still to be completed IF time allows (but are not to be prioritized above other confirmed features).
- L10N Status continues to be at risk:
- Translation is still ongoing in iterative fashion. Status can be seen on the dashboard. 31 Locales have now opted-in.
- Final string freeze is still a tentative target of May 1st, but as noted above, at risk features for V1.0 will continue to be added late in the game to try and release an as fully-featured product as possible.
- Build System Challenges - this area has been notably better this past week, and has not taken any significant time away from feature development
Current Status of Development
- Mar-25 Feature Status by Category.jpg
Status of iOS V1 Features - by Category
- Mar-25 Bug Level Work Status.jpg
iOS V1 Bug Status (Open vs Closed)
- Mar-25 Completion Status of Remaining Open Features.jpg
Completion Status of Remaining Features in Development for iOS V1
Status of Notable Schedule Milestones
- Build 6 is now available for dogfooders.
- Survey has been distributed to gather feedback on Build 5.
- Tentative String Freeze is still May 1st (this is still a notable risk).