Requesting an extension
To request that an extension be installed, please file a bug.
Be sure to include:
- a link to the extension
- an explanation of why you are requesting the extension, including a use case or user story
Criteria for installing extensions
- Follows MediaWiki development best practices, including release branching.
- See mw:Developer hub.
- Has an established contributor base and is actively being maintained.
- Follows best practices with regard to dependencies (e.g. uses git submodules or composer).
- Maintains consistency of user experience.
- Does not interfere with administrator ability to monitor for and mitigate spam and vandalism.
- Must provide functionality that is not already provided by stock MediaWiki, or which improves upon stock MediaWiki in a significant and notable way.
- Must satisfy a demonstrated usecase or user story.