< QA | Community(Redirected from Mozilla QA Community:Growing the Mozilla QA Community)
- Organize successful community events and projects
- Improve documentation, processes, and tools
- Get more people involved through outreach
Community Action Plans
- How to improve Bug Days
- Feedback from developers
- occasional developer attendance corresponding to the topic at hand
- improve attendance in general - need ~5-10 active people.
- promotion via irc
- promotion via wiki
- promotion via qmo
- word of mouth
- promotion via blogs
- promotion via news sites
- better bugday documentation for planners and participants: Done here Feel free to make any changes that would make it and the Bug Day page better.
- careful selection of topics that are interesting, fun, and able to benefit from working as a team.
- How to expand Test Days to other aspects of QA
- "Mozilla QAC" (QA Community) - Create a presence at major social networking sites (MySpace, Hi5, Facebook, etc). Some groups already exist for Firefox, but need to figure out whether to tap into that or start a QA specific group.
- "Mini-Projects" - Small, short-term projects that will either help the QA team get work done or allow the community to try out new things and create through learning.
- Action items page that is closely related to everyday QA tasks for community members to hit anytime
Ideas in Action
- QMO (in progress)
- "Mozilla University" - collection of docs and tutorials on how new people can get involved in Mozilla (based on experience with Seneca and other college outreach)
- Created Mozilla University page https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/university/
- Over 500 flyers distributed to Campus Reps around the country linking to Mozilla Unversity
- Develop strong relationship with mozillaZine.org (contacted Alex Bishop at mZ)
- Find ways to work together on Mozilla Support project
- Engage the community more in the mZ forums
- Promoting to OS groups and International communities
- Mac user test group
- Mozilla Japan localizing QMO and Litmus
Sources we use currently on Testdays
- When we have a Testday we communicate to the following sources currently
- email@example.com Vista Community QA Mailinglist
- communityQA@mozilla.org General Community QA Mailing List
- mozilla.dev.quality Newsgroup
- Mozillazine Forum (section Build)
- www.firefox-browser.de (German Community, see Tomcat to get posts on this forum)
- QA weblog (weblogs.mozillazine.org\qa)