- Development update from Les
- People are aware of where Les is, questions in email
- Neil has UX reqs, working on those over next couple days
- Figure out anything blocking
- Specifications - what is still unclear? What is blocking getting designs started?
- Designs - are we making progress here? What is left and when does it have to get done by?
- Figure out a more granular schedule for key milestones
- Schedule weekly check-ins to improve group communication -- does 1130am PDT work?
- Keeping track of stuff
- Is there a wiki page for the project? Are we keeping it up to date?
- Is there a bugzilla component? We should start getting things into bugzilla to keep track of outstanding stuff.
- Need to rope in IT and QA
- How are we going to host this? (Kev to talk to mrz and file bugs)
- Who will QA this? When? (Tomcat)
- Customized first-run page (Neil and Kev need to design this, will discuss next week)
- Need a hosted first-run page that pulls collection information
- Not sure how many users we will have
- Don't want to spend a lot of time on infra if we don't know what the uptake will be
- Figure out a more granular schedule for key milestones (Kev will take a stab at this)
- 1130 works - Partnering:Projects:BYOB:Meetings
- Project is in SVN though I lost most of my check-in history before June 25 thanks to a git-svn hiccup and user error.
Filed Bug 503070 for a byob.mozilla.com Bugzilla component to start tracking bugs. (The domain name doesn't have to stick)
- byob.mozilla.com component of Websites ready for bugs
- Should move from email to bugs
- First-run page URL not working - is browser.startup.homepage_reset under LocalizablePrefs in distribution.ini the right spot?
- Kev has info on this
- Personas - able to include the add-on, but can't figure out how to configure an initial persona using distribution.ini
- Kev has info on this
- Need to get QA looped into this at some point soon.
- Hosting issues
- Kev talking to mrz about this.
- Need to loop in someone from IT sooner than later? (If so, who?)
- How will the prod / staging infrastructure work?
- Everything's running on a single OS X server right now
- PHP/MySQL web app
- PHP/MySQL build queue driving a Python script
- Public / private repack hosting
- My known TODOs at the moment (pending feedback):
- Email notifications to admins on registrations
- Email notifications to admins / owner on workflow state changes
- Product detail management
- HTML/CSS/img production once a design is final
- including tabbed UI for browser editing, or whatever the design suggests
- Once available, drop in explanatory / help copy / email copy wherever necessary
- including polish on forms, req'd fields & help text
- L10N support, once en-US text is final
- gettext / locale detection mostly in place, but need to markup all text with gettext functions
- QA / feedback / polish cycles
- Staging & launch