Re-assigning mentorship to another mentor
There are some cases when the mentor assigned to a rep is no longer the best candidate for the role. This can be due to many factors, including:
- mentor has moved to another time zone making communication difficult
- a new mentor has been approved who is a better fit
- mentor no longer has time or motivation to be a mentor
- the rep doesn't feel supported and/or attempts to improve the situation have failed
Assigning a new mentor: by agreement
If the rep, the current mentor and the prospective mentor all agree to a reassignment then it can go forward without council approval. Make sure the change is reflected in the following ways:
- email council at email@example.com to notify of the change and confirm that all parties agree to it
- reassign the application bug in bugzilla to the new mentor
- change the mentor listed on the reps profile at reps.mozilla.org
- Email Brian or Rosana with this request. (Rep name, and new Mentor name)
Assigning a new mentor: by request
If a rep or mentor doesn't feel comfortable approaching the other party or has tried and the situation hasn't improved, the rep or mentor can send an email to any of the council members to request a new mentor. The person making the request needs to explain the reasons for the request.
Resigning as a mentor
If a mentor can no longer fulfill his/her duties as a mentor, the mentor must send an email to any of the council members to resign and recommend a new mentor to replace him/her.