Support/Weekly Meetings/Minutes 2008-03-17
- Weekly metrics 
- 0.6 milestone status (in-product help) 
- Server push this week with performance fixes
- SUMO day
- A day for new contributors to get a good introduction to the various ways of contributing to the project
- Also a day for experienced contributors to learn more about SUMO
- Finally a day to strengthen the social aspects of collaboration and get new contacts
- Ideal outcome:
- More people regularly connecting to #sumo, making traditionally non-interactive contributions like KB article writing more of a collaborative effort
- More contributors
- Better overall knowledge of technologies used and plans for the future
- Pick a day soon, e.g. end of next week. Has to be a day when most of our regular contributors will be available.
- Announce date in time on various channels, such as SUMO blog, personal blogs, SFX, about:mozilla newsletter, etc
- Rewarding contributors
- Important aspect is to show recognition and allow people to get their privileges elevated. E.g. a blog post every once in a while with mentions of our top five contributors. O
- What to base recognition on? TikiWiki has a karma scoring system, but it might not give an accurate picture as it depends more on how people use the system than what they contribute
- np: Asked contributors and they didn't really like the idea of getting rated
- zzxc: Concern of competition and abuse of the system
- cww: Doesn't matter how you give people recognition, but that you do it
- 22 new KB articles (1 new en article without a bug report)
- 56 modified articles
- mostly from locale leaders updating and translating content
- 22 active contributors
- Discussion about Firefox 3 content
- Time to update regular KB articles to Firefox 3, while still supporting Firefox 2
- Rename "Firefox 3" content view selector to "Firefox 3 Beta" to reflect the fact that it's not a released product
- Bugzilla: 6 new article requests, 5 new article bugs
- Congratulations to AliceWyman who is now a KB article approver! Excited to have her with us
- New contributor: Leonidis Jones. Welcome!
- Community Support was renamed to Other Firefox support: This covers two separate issues:
- Having a page called "Community Support" gives a false impression that support.mozilla.com is not a community site.
- We can use it to list other support web sites as well, such as MozillaZine, PluginDoc, etc.; and other locales which already have large communities elsewhere have a place to put links.
- Still looking for ideas for hidden tags.
- Start updating with Firefox 3 content soon.
- Traffic a bit down from last week, but about the same as it's been for a month.
- Statistics on what people are linking to in forum threads. Looking for ways to knock off some of the traffic. 
- 0.7 requirements getting feedback from contributors 
- Contributors complaining about the site being slow. ~20 seconds to load forum pages.
- Noticed a couple new contributors, remains to be seen if they become regulars.
- Cww providing status (Lucy didn't participate this meeting)
- A bunch of new contributors! Doing the best we can to train them.
- New KB article category for Live Chat documentation, editable by administrators and trusted Live Chat contributors
- Would make sense to move regular KB contributor documentation to a similar category, editable by not only admins, but trusted KB contributors