- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Internship update
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx 188.8.131.52 / Fx 184.108.40.206 / TB 220.127.116.11
Firefox 18.104.22.168 came out of the oven like a warm apple pie last Tuesday. We attempted to have a post-mortem today, but have instead moved it to Wednesday at 11am. Please add your agenda items to the wiki page.
Firefox 22.214.171.124 is almost ready for baking to our beta channel. We intend to pop it in the oven tomorrow.
Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 is in the hands of build who have started the process. Builds are in process and should be available for testing tomorrow.
- 3.0alpha2 code freeze is Tuesday evening, 23:59 Pacific
- We'll be moving forward with the proposal for shipping Thunderbird 3. We may shift some milestone dates around a bit; mozilla.dev.planning discussion forthcoming.
- For a great update of what's going on in Gecko, take a look at last week's Gecko meeting notes. Highlights include:
- New video backends (working on them!).
- More Acid3 tests passing.
- SVG CSS: SVG Gradients and Patterns as backgrounds for HTML elements, etc.
- Worker Threads
- Tons of JS performance improvements.
- Offline versioned app caches.
- Look here for interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1.
- Still 17 1.9.1 blockers.
- 87 wanted bugs
- 25 P1s. These are bugs we feel would really, really make a good release if we had a solid handful completed.
- 23 P2s. These are medium complexity bugs/changes that are nice to have.
- 20 P3s. The lowest priority bugs for this release. These are the ones that we will definitely take, but the others take priority.
- working with build on unit test issues
- build-out of new mini farm
- kernel updates/rhel 5 updates coming this week
- mrz and oremj out this week - IT response may not be as fast this week
- tinderbox tree name change:
- cvs-trunk: http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox3.0
- hg-mozilla-central: http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox
- Intermittent unittest failures: code/framework/machine? bug 438871
- TB20.0.16 automation
- FF 188.8.131.52 and FF3.0.1 on the same day
- proposed changes to buildIDs
- out of office:
- nthomas, joduinn
- please file bugs to mozilla.org:ReleaseEngineering
Firefox/Thunderbird 2.0.0.x [ss, abillings, juanb, hali]
- Firefox 184.108.40.206 - Completed final release testing and shipped on Tuesday, July 1st!
- Started testing Firefox 220.127.116.11. See test plan [abillings]
Firefox 3.0.1 [ss, tchung, marcia, juanb, hali]
- Created the Test Plan [tchung]
- Received builds on July 2 and started bug fix verification, smoketests, BFTs, L10n spot checks, and update testing. Results.
- Expect to release to Beta on Thurs July 10th
- Feedback monitoring: Worked with contact at ebay to help resolve bug 441779. Escalated Yahoo Mail issue that was causing lots of issues- bug 443280. This was a high visibility issue that was hitting lots of users suddenly. [tchung, marcia, tomcat]
- Accessibility: Developed fix for bug 442659 having to do with ARIA menus. Verified landing of bug 439566. With this, screen readers using IAccessible2 or ATK now have access to all CSS display properties (except for display: none, which we don't provide accessible objects for at all). Landed patches for bug 442862 and bug 442648, giving us a set of tests for HTML and XUL textboxes and textareas. [marcoz]
WebDev Testing [stephend]
- AMO: Continued developing Selenium-based search test suite. Wrote documentation on creating/executing Selenium IDE scripts via Selenium RC
- SUMO: Verified 12 FIXED bugs
- General: Verified 39 bug fixes
Test development and automation
- Gristmill: Made progress with Windows events handling, observer, and JSBridge. Working on a library called ChromeLib.js to be used to manage windows and tabs via fuel/xpcom interfaces in MozMill. Developing initial proof of concept scripts [mikeal, adam, ctalbert, hali]
- Test Coverage analysis. Completed first hack at extracting the distribution of tests in the source tree. [martijn]
- Minotaur/L10n: Some progress automating the testing of preferences for locales, now that Build has automated the building of locales and hand-off to testing processes. [ctalbert]
- Mobile: progress on geo-location testing and running mochitest suites on fennec. [harthur, ctalbert]
- Sisyphus JS test framework: Fixed bug 443154 (do not require js tests to be on path) and bug 443156 (generalize std::bad_alloc -> out of memory post processing) [bc]
- QMO Redesign- Research on Drupal AHAH (form AJAX feature), extended QMO Bugzilla module and outlined a more flexible version [paulc]
- Working on Intro to QA BOF for OSCON [tchung, tony, ctalbert]
- Provided patch for bug 441991 which, in conjunction with bug 443037, will allow the Calendar team to do some better ARIA magic with Calendar once they move to Gecko 1.9.1. [marcoz]
- Spent a lot of time testing the WebVisum extension, writing a review on it, and in general getting this very promising extension off the ground. This extension is probably going to be as important to visually impaired users as Firebug is for web developers. Also completed leak testing of this extension and found some serious leaks. [marcoz, tomcat]
- No test day last week. We are switching to holding these every two weeks until 3.1 milestone releases.
- Second round of Download Day coverage
- The Better Browser: Firefox 3 article in print and online in Time Magazine
- Asa interviewed for InformationWeek article
- Positive news cycle around Window's security metrics blog post
- Study says Firefox users are most likely to be using up-to-date browser
- Kansas City Star reports on Firefox 3 add-ons
- Paul Kim interviewed about integrated marketing for ZDNet blog - not yet posted as of 12:45pm PDT
- Events Triage call on Wednesday July 9th at 10 a.m. PDT. Dial-in: 650-903-0800, ext 91, pass 248.
- Overview of OSCON activities here.
- Official record announced!
- Guinness will be presenting our certificate at the London Community Party.
Spread Firefox Affiliates Program
- No updates, except 0.6 live push was delayed and will happen tomorrow (Tuesday)
- Bug triaging session for 0.7 tomorrow 
- no updates
- collecting feedback on the MDC dekiwiki test site, via thread on dev-mdc
- starting work on a survey related to what people find most and least useful about this very weekly meeting, to see if we can make it even more effective as a way of coordinating the project
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Labs site redesign launched, reskinned extendfirefox pages as well (thanks to Scott Robbin)
- Graph server -- wiki updates, including installation docs and meeting notes
- Breakpad/Socorro -- resolving issues with priority processing delays, more info here -- please join #breakpad @ irc.mozilla.org to join the conversation.
- AMO -- 3.4.5 code freeze is today, updates scheduled for push on 7/10 see open bugs & fixed bugs
- SAMO (services.addons.mozilla.org) -- API was updated last Thursday, an issue surrounding the domain for images and downloads was identified and resolved
- Updated the blocklist info page to match currently blocklisted add-ons
- SUMO 0.6 release scheduled for tomorrow night
- Builds we are working on launching (as betas) for 3.0.x: Assamese, Bengali, Estonian, Esperanto, Galician, Hindi, Icelandic, Kannada, Kinyarwanda, Latvian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Thai
- Shout out to all the localizers behind these builds who are working towards launch (in same order): Amitakhya, Runa, Sander, Eduardo, Suso, Rajesh, Christjian, Shankar, Stephen, Raivis, Joyce, Sandeep & Prithi, Basanta, Isriya
- Foundation future
- Grants and related expenditures
- CAs and related issues
- Frank started the first public comment period for EV-related requests from GlobalSign.
- Zak continued preparing for the FOSSCoach event at OSCON.
- David continued work on updating www.mozilla.org site.
- Gerv continued work on projects from last week, including tracking Google Summer of Code work for Mozilla-related projects, updating the public suffix list, working toward the proposed Bugzilla reorganization, review of a new proposal for site security policies, a proposal for replacing the Despot system, and various other things. David continued work on brochure project.
- Upcoming activities
- David, Gerv, and Zak will be attending OSCON (July 21-25 in Portland OR) and the Firefox Summit (July 29-31 in Whistler BC). Frank will be attending the Firefox Summit but not OSCON.
We have the following interns for today's internship presentations:
- Clare (Firefox)
- Hasham (QA)
- Juliana (Marketing)
- Jacob P. (Web Dev)
- Brian (Web Dev)
- Maria (Labs)
- Eric (Platform)