- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 New Intern Hires (Some actually started a few weeks ago, but with Labor Day and All Hands we may have missed introducing them!)
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting
- QA team nominates Gabriela Montagu (:gabriela) for her work in testing Fennec. She has been valiant in testing new territories on Android with mobile devices and continues to assist with tracking and examining issues raised in mobile meetings.
- SUMO wants to thank cor-el, TonyE (aka Quarantine) and the-edmeister for fearlessly taking on question-answering head-on for the last 4 years! That's over 100000 posts between them.
Monday, 26 September
Tuesday, 27 September
Firefox 7 Launch!
Wednesday, 28 September
- Brown Bag from NASA on their use of Bugzilla (includes the International Space Station) : Noon Pacific in 10Forward / Mountain View and on Air Mozilla
Thursday, 29 September
- Contribute Group meeting at 10 pacific -- a forum for people interested in bringing in new contributors to Mozilla
Friday, 30 September
- Firefox for Android Meetup October 5th at 6pm at the Mozilla community space.
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (7, 8, 9)
- We're shipping tomorrow!
- Watch the usual places for logistics details, but really, it ain't no thing.
- That also means tomorrow is migration day - beta becomes 8, aurora becomes 9, nightly becomes 10.
Firefox Current (3.6, 6.0)
- We're shipping tomorrow for Firefox 3.6.23.
- We expected the 3.6 release to lag by a few days, but some prodigious QA and RelEng efforts seem to have us lined up to get it out for simulship. \o/
- We're shipping tomorrow!
- Performance testing, competitive analysis, and goal-setting are in progress, driven by Erin and Jay. Areas include:
- start-up (cold and warm)
- Architectural options, including moving some of the front-end into Java, are being explored and prototyped, driving by Dougt
- See DougT's blog post for more information.
- Firefox 9 will ship with an awesome/splendid new UI built for tablets
The next release of Thunderbird ships tommorow!
(Johnath says "it zoooooms"! :)
Older Branch Work
(no voice update this week)
Last chance to sign up for the 2011 Mozilla Festival in London. Nov 4 - 6.
- Check out the Festival blog for a sense of what's up.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
Status Updates By Team
Automation & Tools
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
ri=X0Gzc2X%3DUQpglLjHJlTQTtQyTQ7GkQFRQzgqpPQGQaQE8hVXtpKX%3DCAAAT&ei=Gf6beX6990G11X%3DglHgxuhFpttHQJhu. Mozilla creates an achievement system for the Internet
Introducing New Hires
New Intern Hires (Some actually started a few weeks ago, but with Labor Day and All Hands we may have missed introducing them!)