- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- [ON TRACK] Support the B2G and platform team by moving existing automation to that platform as well as expanding automation on B2G and B2G devices for basecamp deliverables.
- [ON TRACK] Expand Mobile testing platforms for B2G and Fennec Native to include user devices, NEON Chipsets (panda boards), and ARMv6 (Beagle boards).
- [mihneadb] xpcshell tests on otoro
- [mcote] Basic smoke test for AutoPhone
- [mcote] Nearly done switching AutoPhone's usage to adb to SUT
- [wlach] / [mdas] Set up three Eideticker machines in Toronto for B2G and Fennec testing
- [ON TRACK] Establish new Datazilla system as a useful tool for capturing and diagnosing talos performance regressions on a per-push basis, as well as capturing data for network and B2G performance tests.
- NOTE: This is largely a change to the data harvesting and analysis side of the Talos system (even though some changes are required to the test harness and tests themselves). We will not be replacing existing Talos data harvesting system in Q3. By the end of Q3, we want to have the new performance data harvesting and analysis system Datazilla to a point at which it can shadow the old system and we can use Q4 to verify that the new approach captures just as many regressions as the old system does. Potential timeframe for conversion of the old system to the new Datazilla system is in Q1 2013 (earliest "thumb in the wind" estimate).
- [ON TRACK] Upgrade BMO to 4.2, deploy tracking flags optimizations, UX improvements (comment tagging, mid-air resolution)
- BMO 4.2 pushed back to September
- Back porting a couple of nicer features from BMO 4.0 to roll out sooner
- Some demos of ideas for UI design and discussion with web interns
- glob has done some initial design work for comment tagging https://wiki.mozilla.org/BMO/Comment_Tagging
- [ON TRACK] Make TBPL More Orange aware to make it easier to file intermittent orange bugs, and so that we can more adequately track (and therefore address) issues around android-related and memory leak intermittent failures
- [ON TRACK] Enable QA and contributors to increase their skills and participation by crafting automated tests for B2G and desktop smoketests by providing examples, mentoring, and documentation
- [edmorley] Try/infra load has been exceptionally high the last few weeks - please cancel unwanted/busted test runs to reduce the load (dev.platform post).
- [edmorley] Discussions ongoing about switching off QT & RPM builds. If you have a reason why they shouldn't be - please comment in bug 772419 or dev.planning asap.
- [edmorley] The DB for TBPL has been trimmed by a massive 76GB \o/ (bug 703967).
In-Depth Project Discussion
Wlach Presents Eideticker!!
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
- [mcote] Basic smoke test, ensuring that AutoPhone can connect to a phone and launch fennec.
- [mcote] Nearly done switching all adb usage to SUT.
- pushed http://globau.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/happy-bmo-push-day-5/
- bmo 4.2 upgrade deferred due to missing functionality (searching groups)
- [glob+dkl] updates to the IT request form for service-now
- [glob] service-now deployment work (liaising with IT, security, and desktop)
- [glob] bugzilla 4.2 searching groups investigation
- [dkl] backport html bugmail to 4.0
- [dkl] backport searching limiting to 4.0
- [dkl+glob] various upstream patches and reviews
- [glob+dkl] admin work
- [glob+dkl] Some playing around with UI with the web interns:
- https://bugzilla-stage-tip.mozilla.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=settings (Choose "Chlee" from the "Bugzilla's general appearance" drop down)
- [wlach] / [mdas] Set up three Eideticker machines in Toronto for B2G and Fennec testing
- [wlach] Gave a developer-focused presentation on Eideticker in Toronto
- [wlach] Working on various fixes to allow importing backdated information into Eideticker dashboard (bug 772948)
- [wlach] Various minor fixes and documentation updates (https://github.com/mozilla/eideticker/commits/master)
- [mdas] spent some time trying to get pandaboards running B2G, couldn't get right repos set up.
- [DBurns] implemented close()
- [DBurns] bug 776189 has broken Marionette on desktop. It is not interacting with the UI anymore
- [DBurns] W3C work with Simon Stewart today.
- [jgriffin] resolved a problem that was causing Marionette's SpecialPowers to conflict with mochitest's on Otoro devices.
- [jgriffin] a bunch of other debugging on various Marionette problems that occur variously on devices, Firefox, and the B2G emulator.
- [mihneadb] Abstract Emulator and B2GEmulator classes bug 753605
- [mihneadb] integrated xpcshell testing in the B2G public repository (via test.sh) bug 775281
- [ahal] Wrote scripts to triage reftests more easily (see bug 773482)
- setting up desktop to get them running in C-I
- [jmaher] - disabled a few android mochitests, modifications to robocop
- [jhammel] a slightly less painful script for mirroring to m-c: http://k0s.org/mozilla/mozbase/mc-diff.py
- [jhammel] new mozInstall release: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mozInstall ; now works on python 2.5 (again)
- bug 775127 needs to be landed to unbreak peptest in production (bug 774817)
- [mihneadb] work in progress: bug 774419
- [wlach] new mozdevice release: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mozdevice
- [henrik] Mozmill 1.5.15 with Flash fix has been released
- [henrik] Mozmill is broken since Friday due to network preference changes (see bug 776453)
- [camd] added the URI to the ui results when a new run is submitted via the REST API. So now the user has a direct link to view the results in the UI of MozTrap.
- [rbillings] finished testing 1.1 branch. Should push that to production perhaps this week.
- [jeads] Finished loose ends (schema modifications, memcached reference data structure modifications) for datazilla deployment.
- [jeads] New datazilla production deployment bug (bug 764281).
- [camd] management command batching for cron jobs submitted for review to Carljm and Jeads. Still working through all review comments.
- [carljm] Added tests for load-test-data web service endpoint, and fixed several bugs in it
- [carljm] Added tox.ini to datazilla-client to ease testing it on multiple Python versions
- Working on integrating more of WebQA DSL for Market place with Marionette.
- [ahal] Updated peptest mozharness script to use zip of locally cached websites
- [ahal] Peptests currently busted on OSX, need to figure out what is going on
- [ahal] Minor fixes and improvements
- [jhammel] talos on datazilla client, WIP (bug 763550)
- [jmaher] - jstests live on tbpl, talos dirty tests are using mozafterpaint, new tresize and xperf in the works.
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Day-to-day sheriffing of the trees.
- [edmorley] Infra/tree closure issues:
- Investigating extremely frequent linux32-only M5 assertions.
- bug 774592 - Graph server hasn't heard of sunspider_paint.
- bug 774639 - Native Android talos remote-ts perma-failing on mozilla-beta after 2012-07-16 uplift.
- bug 775509 - Clang update broke OS X builds on most twigs and project repos, due to tooltool not being installed.
- bug 775507 - Self-serve's 'trigger dep builds' not working on fx-team.
- bug 775545 - Permanent make [upload] Error 2 on most platforms on fx-team.
- bug 774799 - Double builds scheduled for each platform on try.
- Dealing with 40 consecutive busted pushes on inbound (91 changesets) due to people not waiting for full Try results, due to the end-to-end time. Best summed up here.
- [edmorley] m-cMerge not setting milestones after Fennec Native was renamed to Firefox for Android. Filed issue-#16 and have gone back over the last 2 weeks of Fennec bugs and set the milestone manually. Other users of m-cMerge have been emailed to warn them until fixed.
- [edmorley] Hid OS X 10.5 tests across all non-aurora/beta trees, for bug 773120.
- [edmorley] Hunting for quick wins for the "Try backed up" (bug 772458) and "Windows pending count is high" (bug 764713) bugs.
- Discussions about stopping inbound Nightlies (bug 774631) & getting latest-mozilla-inbound link removed.
- Discussion about QT support levels & disabling QT & RPM build support (bug 772419).
- Posted in dev.platform requesting people cancel unwanted try runs.
- bug 775911 - Switch off B2G Nightly builds on inbound
- TryChooser bugs causing people to resubmit jobs after they don't get what they want, filed: https://bugzil.la/774262,775889,775729 & posted to dev.platform about macosx vs macosx64.
- [edmorley] Patches:
- bug 773120 - Switch off Mac OS X 10.5 builds on all trunk trees
- bug 775149 - Switch off non-OSX builds/tests on the birch branch
- bug 772419 - turn off qt + rpm builds
- bug 774649 - hgweb's 'base' link on the file revisions page should link to revision history of the old file, not annotated view. Hit this several times a day when filing oranges.
- bug 766952 - Remove empty (span)s and switch per element styles to style-gitweb.css, to improve browser memory usage/rendering performance on large hgweb diffs (seeing as I have to open a fair few of them when playing 'identify the bustage/bad merge resolution' game).
-> Talk about one of those weeks!
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 773866 - Clicking on the jobname should set a jobname filter.
- [edmorley] Patches for bug 703967, adding indexes to endtime/buildername in the runs/builders tables. This allowed data older than two months to be purged in production by Sheeri (DB slimmed by 76GB \o/).
- [mcote], [edmorley] Discussions on improving Orange Seed continue (bug 669316).
- [edmorley] Landed bug 773312, adding an .hgignore to the OrangeFactor repo.
- [edmorley] Backported the fix for bug 769531 to aurora (was the #1 orange on that tree).
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 775982, disabling another frequently failing Android test.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
- They're here!
- Update this page with the number of shirts that you want sent to you: https://intranet.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/SnailMail
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
- Deployment of Bugzilla 4.2 to BMO being delayed because of issues with search functionality--the magic in some of the advanced searches was removed, which actually means that some searches are no longer possible.
- The BMO team is fixing the 4.2 search to allow all the old functionality and make it explicit rather than with some implicit magic.
- HTML mail and a limit on search results are being backported to 4.0 in the mean time.
Holidays and Trips
Next week MC
- wlach will be trying his Eideticker presentation again, which was cancelled this week due to technical difficulties.
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here