- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 Issues
- 4 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 The Overview
- 7.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 7.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 7.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 7.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 7.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 7.6 Holidays and Trips
- 8 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- Goal: Continue to deliver B2G automation support for in house developers and partners - jgriffin & team
- Goal: Create new Performance measurement tool with performance team to measure startup using the best of our new tools - mozharness/mozbase/datazilla. - jmaher & perf team
- Goal: Support next generation android efforts by getting Android x86 virtualized environments to run mochitests - bc
- Goal: Improve test slave capacity by allowing linux desktop tests to be entirely virtualized for tests that do not need hardware support. - jmaher & Releng
- Goal: Build to support future capacity for workflow and performance by:
- Deploying Bugzilla 4.2 - dkl, glob
- Publicizing and starting on an effort to revamp TBPL - jeads, edmorley & team
- Updating test harnesses to use mozbase and mozharness and creating a migration plan for moving to better test reporting across the board (migration planned for Q2 to coincide with TBPL v2 delivery) - jhammel & ahal
- Revamp GoFaster measurement tools - camd
- Create plan for triage workflow and begin triaging according to it - lizzard
- Make all QA centered automation ready for rapid betas to allow the desktop team to work faster - Henrik & team
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
Any issues that need discussing with the entire team go here
- New Meeting format
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
Put your questions and things to raise with the entire team here
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
Mobile (1st Monday)
- testing patch for bug 849844 add errorbars to the phonedash graph.
- testing patch for bug 849831 Improve s1s2 logcat analysis
- example test run with iterations 5 http://mrcote.info/phonedash_bc/#/org.mozilla.fennec/throbberstop/remote-twitter/2012-10-01/2013-03-11/undefined/undefined
- Note the long times for remote pages.
- [ahal] Working on getting crash info available for unittests (bug 843296)
- [rwood] Continued development of long-running GaiaUI tests (bug 843083). For a detailed list please see the GaiaUI Stress Test etherpad.
Tools (2nd Monday)
- [camd] Most of the way there.
- [camd] get the graph details showing from elastic search. still not loading properly
- [camd] need releng to implement my patch for expanding details of tests
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/844077,846823,827473,847200,793159,844103,847964,848008,848444
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 846823, bug 847200.
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: [Unavailable, due to the loss of the last 3 months worth of ES data & no sign if there is any backup. The latest response asked if we were sure the data was there in there in the first place...]
- [edmorley] Planning/network flows/testing for the switch-over to the SCL3 IT Elastic Search instance from the metrics ES cluster (bug 772503 and dependants). Need SCL3 VPN access to proceed any further (bug 849161).
- [edmorley] Another periodic mass-closure of inactive intermittent-failure bugs (>3 months since last change + test not disabled). Tedious due to bug 848700.
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 847421.
- [RyanVM] Working on an OrangeFactor weekly summary for the weekly platform meeting. WIP - Feedback?
- [jeads,mdoglio,edmorley] Discussion/review comments on various pull requests. We now have code in the repo! \o/
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [jeads] Built a url based history to replace the "Get Link" option in the b2g performance UI. This took longer than anticipated but the solution should be applicable to treeherder (bug 847174)
- [jeads] Added a few HTML5 goodies in the b2g performance UI (bug 847361)
- [jeads] Disabled the pushlog panel in the talos UI due to excessive database load. The pushlog join will need to be stored in a cash to resolve this problem.
- [jeads] Set up Cross-Origin Resource Sharing for datazilla
- [jeads] These new features/changes will be released to staging today
- Research continues into point grey cameras. Preliminary findings are promising! http://wrla.ch/blog/2013/03/follow-up-on-finding-a-camera-for-eideticker/
- Is being replaced by mochitests... our work here is done! ;-)
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [wlach] As per last week, mozdevice docs now online: http://wrla.ch/blog/2013/03/documentation-for-mozdevice/
WebRTC Test Development
- The refactoring of the PC test framework has been finally landed (bug 837458)
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] After several discussions about the unhiding of test-suites/platforms in the last week or two (eg jetpack-sdk + ASan), I drafted a policy intended for the wiki, to codify current practice & hopefully reduce future pushback. Am running latest iteration past RyanVM & philor & will publish more widely in the coming week.
- [edmorley] Patch for trychooser to support the new multi-part robocop (bug 848708).
- [edmorley] Patches to remove spurious log output from jsreftests, so we can avoid false positives when deploy a TBPL parsing improvement (bug 849239 & bug 829684).
- [edmorley] First pass at expanding the directory list for avoiding unnecessary builds (bug 849385), in response to infra load issues.
- [edmorley, RyanVM, ctalbert] Meeting with joduinn about ideas for reducing infra load after the issues this week (etherpad notes).
- [RyanVM] Day to day sheriffing and branch uplifts.
- [edmorley] Review of https://github.com/catlee/treestatus/pull/33
- [edmorley] Discussions over repo move (is currently in a user github repo).
Holidays and Trips
- [edmorley] PTO today and tomorrow: 11th-12th March (no wifi access).
- [hskupin] PTO 15th - 22nd March (mostly not available)
- [lizzard] At PyCon all of Friday.
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here