- 1 Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- 2 Goals
- 3 Deep Dives
- 3.1 Mobile (1st Monday)
- 3.2 Tools (2nd Monday)
- 3.3 Performance (3rd Monday)
- 3.4 General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- 3.5 Process (4th Monday)
- 3.6 Holidays and Trips
- 3.7 Misc
Notices, Highlights, Roundtable
- Goal: Improve Developer/QA ergonomics around running and debugging automation by:
- Add debugger support to B2G testrunners
- Improve patch review experience on bugzilla/Make bugzilla more user-centric
- Replace graph server with Datazilla for all desktop Talos tests
- Create a project branch view of B2G builds/tests that tracks commits per target, rather than per repo (all commits to any repo for unagi for instance) joint with releng
- Goal: Improve stability, reliability, and scalability of automation platforms by:
- Addressing all P1 B2G automation stability issues
- Complete native REST interface for Bugzilla
- Complete Mochitest to Mozbase port
- Create POC Microbenchmark suite to get feedback from developers for its usefulness
- Reduce orange factor to 5 or lower (for the last three weeks of the quarter) by driving awareness among developers, following up with assignees, and fixing intermittent automation failures.
- Update pulse so that its dependent (client side) libraries are current for its use in Tree Herder
- Create a prototype and a specification for a rig to power cycle real phones. Have a vendor selected to build the rig by end of quarter.
- Goal: Build toward our future by:
- Deploy a minimally viable TBPL replacement by end of quarter, aim to switch over mid-Q3
- Release a mozmill 2 and work with contributor community to drive toward a 2.1
- Automate a scrolling fps test using camera Eideticker measurements for Contacts, Email, Settings, and Message apps
- Create and Deploy BMO user profile data for community building and education
- Create a solid net and filter system to build a bugmaster community
- Identify 5 things we can do to increase our infrastructure capacity by 10% through more streamlined usage and bringing new capacity online. (joint with releng)
- Enable performance and test automation to run on Android x86 hardware, investigate Android 2.3.x support on Pandas.
Mobile (1st Monday)
Tools (2nd Monday)
- mozilla skin + gravatar support live and the default!
- migration script ready to go, review pending on code/template changes
- token auth work
- work on ember's bespoke extension/methods
- ongoing work on the request nagging extension
- lots of minor bug fixes and administrative work
- OrangeFactor on trunk for last 7 days: 4.8
- [edmorley] Mass closed WFM all intermittent failure bugs that haven't occurred in the last 2 months - sorry for the spam! :-)
Performance (3rd Monday)
- [wlach] Lots of work on responsiveness testing (bug 888102)
- [wlach] Documentation work for running FirefoxOS tests on b2g
General Framework Support (4th Monday)
- [wlach] Preliminary mozprocess docs landed http://mozbase.readthedocs.org/en/latest/mozprocess.html
- [wlach] auto-generated python documentation landed \o/ https://marionette_client.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- [edmorley] Patch to make more of Marionette's assertions TBPL compatible (bug 907925).
WebRTC Test Development
Process (4th Monday)
Sheriffing & Trees
Holidays and Trips
- UK bank holiday today (26th August).
- mdas gone on PTO from the 29th until the 9th or 10th.
- Canada and US holiday Monday Sept. 2nd
- rwood on PTO Sept. 5th - 13th