Auto-tools/Projects/HTTP Record Replay
HTTP Record and Replay is a mechanism to enable us to replay the HTTP/JS traffic between a webserver and a client browser.
- We need the ability to record and replay the sequence of content/scripts to capture hard to reproduce crashes
- Provide a means for users to "capture" an invalid action/bug and serialize it into bugzilla
- Capture the exact content/script transferring between the client and the server to create a replayable object of the page load and interaction from the client browser to the server
- We need to define exactly what we will capture and replay, I don't think we can/need to capture everything.
- None yet
- Investigate js bench to see how far that gets us toward this goal.
- Design how much we need to capture
- Ascertain how effective we'll be at using this to capture flash crashes (one of the primary use cases is to capture flash crashes caused by rotating banner ads).