Auto-tools/Projects/Mozmill/Meeting 2010 09 14
Mozmill Meeting: QA work week bash
Review of 2.0 features
- We should prioritize items as MUST HAVE and nice to have
- I imagine there are some Mozmill development must have's and some QA must haves as well.
- The goal here is to get a concrete list of things (hopefully about 10) that 2.0 must do. That will become the roadmap.
- Mozrunner has been refactored into multiple packages: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=575436 ; Mozmill will be broken down a bit too
- worth talking about manifests? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=585106
Figure out how to land in m-c for buildbot integration
- What tests need to go into m-c? Criteria:
- tests must pass reliably
- tests must only hit mozilla.org URLs if they touch network
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=569813 may block addon tests
- I think we only care about minefield
- Does mozmill truly need to live in m-c? Clint's starting that fight on dev.platform right after this note.
- ideally, all external tests+harnesses would not live in m-c but in an e.g. FTP location
Pluggable reporting - the feature
- What interfaces need to be exposed to reporting?
- What data needs to be transferred?
- What does this API look like?
Currently the API looks like EventHandler: http://github.com/k0s/mozmill/blob/pluggable/mozmill/mozmill/handlers.py . This class isn't used anywhere, it is just a spec. I have moved on this branch logging and reporting to http://github.com/k0s/mozmill/blob/pluggable/mozmill/mozmill/logger.py and http://github.com/k0s/mozmill/blob/pluggable/mozmill/mozmill/report.py respectively. This code does work; we can talk about details in the meeting and see if this is enough or if we want something different.
- option groups: do we want them? See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524815 ; We could split into option groups, one for mozrunner, one for jsbridge, one for mozmill, and one for each mozmill plugin
- should we consolidate into one command line script? Currently we have mozmill, mozmill-restart, and mozmill-thunderbird; Is there any reason not to do mozmill --restart and mozmill --thunderbird? Note that this will only be a command-line change; underlying logic will be unaffected
- What needs to change on brasstacks to better support QA?
- What issues can we resolve, what things do we have to punt on?