28th IRC meeting: Tuesday, May 15th, 2007 at 18:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- There has been a lot of press about the release of Bugzilla 3.0. Reaction has generally been pretty good. Max's blog about moving Bugzilla to another language is unfortunate as it has been associated with the release by several people, including MozillaZine.org and Linux.com, despite there was no relation.
- Some reactions were clearly based on old code ("bad code", "unmanageable") or they didn't realize that there has been many releases between 2.0 and 3.0.
- Download stats:
- Bugzilla 3.0 (released 09 May 2007): 10,957 - Bugzilla 3.0rc1 (released 26 Feb 2007): 33,227 - Bugzilla 2.23.4 (released 02 Feb 2007 - devel snapshot): 2,945 - Bugzilla 2.22.2 (released 02 Feb 2007 - stable): 73,897 (!) - Bugzilla 2.20.4 (released 02 Feb 2007 - old stable): 9,835
The low number of downloads for the 2.20.4 release is because Bugzilla 2.22 was already released at that time, so probably most installations upgraded to 2.22 instead of 2.20.x.
- There are a few bugs we want to see fixed for Bugzilla 3.0.1, but nothing critical so far.
- We reviewed the roadmap once again: several tasks have been removed as nobody is working or plan to work on them for Bugzilla 3.2.
- The review queue has increased a bit again (41 patches awaiting review). We proposed that reviews addressed to reviewers who don't plan to review them in the very near future reassign them to nobody so that anyone can review it.
- Bugzilla 3.1.1 should be released around mid-June, with support for custom bug statuses and workflow. We will try to implement Oracle support in Bugzilla 3.1.2 later this year (no date known yet).
- We suggested to create project-specific groups so that users on b.m.o stop sharing their saved searches with the editbugs group, and start sharing with project-specific groups instead.
- There has been discussion about implementing a new bug history and charting system in place of the current ones.
- Next meeting will take place on June 12th, 2007 at 18:00 GMT.