36th IRC meeting: Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 at 19:00 GMT
- The log of the meeting is available here.
- 23 people attending the meeting (not including bots and duplicated nicks), our biggest audience in 36 Bugzilla meetings! Among them, several people working at NASA, Yahoo! and RedHat, several contributors interested in improving Bugzilla web services or the documentation and many localizers wanting to make Bugzilla easier to translate, including the documentation.
- Bugzilla 3.0.3 was released about a week before the meeting.
- A quick glance at all blockers to triage those which should block Bugzilla 3.1.3 and those which can wait for 3.2 RC1. After the triage, there are 6 blockers left for 3.1.3. All of them are having good progress, so we expect to be able to release Bugzilla 3.1.3 within 2 weeks.
- We will branch right after the release of Bugzilla 3.1.3. For the very first time, we won't freeze the trunk till RC1 is released. We will branch for 3.2 where no new features will be accepted, and leave the trunk open for development.
- Thanks to all the new contributors joining us, we are now able to set up several new teams (besides the existing QA and release teams) working on different aspects of Bugzilla:
- User Experience team: pyrzak (lead), aarone, Micah
- L10n team: SnowyOwl (lead), wurblzap, Cedric, himorin
- Documentation team: Colin (lead), samfw, aarone, LpSolit
- QA team: LpSolit (lead), ghendricks, manu (+ all members of email@example.com not attending the meeting today), Micah (newcomer), aarone (newcomer)
- Release team: mkanat (lead), manu, Cedric
- A page will be set up on wiki so that people who couldn't attend the meeting can still join these teams if they want to contribute.
- Testopia 2.0 is in pre-alpha stage and no longer uses the Dojo toolkit but Extjs.
- Localizers are complaining that Bugzilla templates are currently hard to maintain. Not everybody agree in which direction we should go to make it easier to translate and to maintain (gettext, Locale::Maketext, ...). The new l10n team will have this discussion internally and will let us know at our next meeting in a month.
- Cedric will ask Axel 'Pike' Hecht if the new Bugzilla l10n team can post to the m.d.l10n mailing-list for Bugzilla stuff, or if they should use their own mailing-list.
- We will let the l10n team use landfill for their translation work.
- We need tests including non-ASCII characters to see how Bugzilla behaves.