Calendar:Exporting a calendar and sharing it with other people over the net
Things you need:
- Sunbird or Lightning (This tutorial was writen for Sunbird 0.9, but the instructions are alike.)
- A server supporting WebDAV.
Steps, when using Sunbird
- Open up Sunbird. (Or Thunderbird, if you prefer lightning, then press the Calendar button.)
- Click File. (I think it's calendar in Lightning.)
- Click Publish.
- Click the calendar you want to publish then press OK.
- Enter your WebDAV url.
- Enter a username and password, and stuff like that.
- You're done!
Exporting a calendar under Thunderbird and Lightning
- Open the Thunderbird instance
- Click on 'Events and Tasks'
- Use the 'Export' command to open a selection dialog
- Select the calendar you want to export and click 'OK'
- Specify the filename of the exported calendar, where the exported calendar will be stored. Use the little arrow at the right of the name field to select the appropriate file location!
- Specify the type of file to create: HTML, iCalendar format or CSV file
- Click on the SAVE button
When the calendar file is stored on a shared folder you may also have several Thunderbird instances open the same calendar file, provided the proper extension is installed.
Since a standard iCalendar protocol is used, even other calendar supporting products, such as Microsoft Outlook, may share the same calendar.
Note however, that using this method, only the first instance opening the calendar has modification rights.