- Wednesday, November 14th, 17:00 UTC
- Phone meeting
- Join #calendar-mtg on irc.mozilla.org for attendance
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 866-692-3163
- Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
- Germany: 0800-000-3441
- Participant Passcode
- Conference controls
- Press *1 private help menu
- Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
Attendees: Clint, Simon, Daniel, Martin (Philipp, Mickey, and Gary were on earlier) Had an odd mixup of opening and missing the call.
Unassigned Wanted Bugs
- Need to blog about getting assignees for WANTED Bugs -- Simon will do this
- Simon will go through and cut the wanted list down to exaclty what we want
- Keep in mind our goals for 0.8
- Stable Backend - Foreign Timezones
- Performance - no leaks
- Offline support
- Task Mode
- Post from Stuart on memory consumption on FFx 3, due to memory fragmentation and not real leaks
- We hit this when we reload calendars, so is that the same? (simon)
- (daniel) No, this seems to be a regression perhaps uncovered by the auto-refresh code, because people are saying that it did not happen in 0.5
- What can be the root cause of such a huge leak? Perhaps it is in the ICS provider
- Daniel assumes circular references. He's already identified some.
- Can we run the cycle collector on sunbird?
- We are running with it.
- Daniel has found some leaks with it, but still hasn't found the big leak.
- More discussion in the bugs.
- It's difficult to know how to reproduce.
- He took out the onGetResult calls trying to take the views out of the equation, using 4 ICS calendars reading from local HD, but since we don't have hard facts of when the garbage collection takes place it's hard to know when its leaking and when it just isn't running.
- Sebo added some unit tests for the memory calendar, which might be helpful
- Daniel says that more unit tests like that will probably help more than trying to hunt for a regression range.
- Parsing the dump logs from the XPConnect infrastructure is really difficult to parse and figure out.
- It seems to Daniel that the native objects are released, it seems that it is something in the JS world that is not being released, or XPC_NativeWrappers
- What happens for FFx 3? For ffx3, we're using Dbaron's memory leak tools:
- Daniel is working on the Timezone reference stuff
- Clint is working on the Timezone database
- The databse will not use a prefix for the timezone
- Foreign timezone storage.sdb pieces should land earlier.
- Philipp is working on Offline support
- Start with the basics of getting the caching mechanism that would save the events in the storage calendar
- Prerequisites: would allow multiple storage.sdb's so that we can delete the offline.sdb without any compunction.
- Sunbird needs the offline symbol in the toolbar and the integration with that subsystem.
- He has this working now
- Next thing is caching the events
- He's got code that is mirroring between an offline storage calendar and a remote calendar (currently only ICS calendar)
- Daniel has some code that will extend this to WCAP as well.
- Both WCAP and Gdata have mechanisms to give you only the items you want, which will make sync'ing much either
- Caldav may or may not have the ability to do this - need to confirm with Bruno, Cyrus. It may not be ready for primetime.
- First shot might be to check the calendar collection Etag and then get the multiple resources from that calendar that have changed.
- Need a provider agnostic way of working with the synchronization tool
- Might get some help for synchronization from the Syncolab extension. See if we can get those guys to help us with the Sync code.
- Might approach some SyncML devs and ask them if they would help too.
- Storage calendar needs indexes
- Needs better handling of recurrence calculations
- There was an old thread of this in the NG from about a year ago with mvl and jminta
- Daniel will take this to the newsgroup.
- Kurt will be helping Ause with release management for Sunbird/Lightning
- Happy Birthday Philipp (Fallen)!
- ctalbert notes that Philipp can now rent cars with no problem in the states. :-)