|Owner: Paul Osman||Updated: 2011-04-15|
|Batucada is the software that powers the drumbeat.org website. It is a social web application that aims to connect people with interesting projects, as well as to provide projects an opportunity to get contributors and keep them informed.|
Batucada is the codename for the software that powers the drumbeat.org website. The purpose of Drumbeat.org is to connect people and projects. Batucada is a social web application with support for microblogging and activity aggregation.
- Source code: https://github.com/paulosman/batucada
- Mailing list: http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/#drumbeat-website
- IRC: irc.mozilla.org, #drumbeat-dev
Releases / Roadmap
- Activity Streams - Improve feed generation. Reduce noise, increase signal.
- Embedding video - Support videos from hosting services on project pages.
- Replies - Add support for replies to statuses / activities.
- Autocomplete "To" field when composing messages.
- Search. (Haystack + Solr? Elastic Search?)
- Support deleting of projects.
- Data exports for graph info (XFN? PoCo?) and personal / project data.
- Design challenges - Allow projects to initiate challenges and accept submissions.
- Deployment - Add some way of tracking slow page loads.
- Publishing out - Connect / Publish to Twitter / FB accounts.
- Support PubSubHubbub as publisher for activity feeds.
- Better onboarding - Pull in social / profile data based on provided identifiers (openid, webfinger).
- JSON Activity Streams
- Feature - Project task board. Allow projects to specify specific asks.
- Multiple project admins. Ability for project lead to assign roles to other users.
- Real-time UI updates, infinite scrolling.