This position is already filled.
Mozilla is seeking an online fundraising and engagement visionary to build a program that excites and engages 100,000s of people around the power of the open internet.
Based in the Mozilla Foundation, the Fundraising and Communications Manager will design and implement strategy to effectively communicate Mozilla's mission, raise funds to support emerging open web projects and invite new kinds of contributors to get involved in Mozilla.
The right candidate brings a rare mix of skills: the ability to design, write and execute online campaigns that spark buzz and participation. This is a job for someone who likes to think big *and* get their hands dirty. The Organization
Mozilla is a global community of people who believe that openness, innovation, and opportunity are key to the continued health of the Internet.
In addition to producing well known open source software like Firefox and Thunderbird, Mozilla also supports a wide variety of community projects that deepen the open, accessible nature of the internet.
Mozilla is like no other work environment -- global, collaborative, fluid. It's a place to challenge yourself, and have fun in the process.
Define the strategy and message
- Find clear, simple way to explain to Mozilla's mission to a broad public.
- Develop a strategy to excite and engage 100,000s of new people around this message.
- Profile projects run or funded by Mozilla, and explain how supporting these projects keep the web open.
Roll out fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Design and roll out online campaigns that invite people to volunteer, donate or simply spread Mozilla's message.
- Write simple, compelling copy to feed these campaigns. Make sure it is easy for community members to reuse remix.
- Involve the Mozilla community every step of the way. Actively recruit new volunteers to help with design, writing and evangelism.
Build infrastructure for the long haul
- Build up systems that will allow Mozilla to sustain it's fundraising and engagement over the long haul.
- Specifically, source and roll out at donor relationship management system that handles payments, receipts and other fundraising tasks.
- Develop clear fundraising targets as well as metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of online engagement efforts.
Team and Location
The Fundraising and Communications Manager will work closely with the Mozilla Foundation executive director, web manager and finance team as well as members of the the broader Mozilla community marketing team.
- Online engagement visionary. Designs ditigal campaigns that work.
- Strategist *and* hands-on implementor. Learns and iterates quickly.
- Talented message framer, writer and online communicator.
- Exceptional ability to make complex messages simple and attention grabbing.
- Motivational. Helps others share the message in their own way.
- 5+ years experience leading online fundraising and communications efforts.
- Able to roll out and info systems needed to support large scale fundraising.
- Can prioritize and multitask. Sound judgement essential.
- Passionate about technology and the open internet.