This position is now filled.
Mozilla Drumbeat - Senior Web Developer
Location: Work from home anywhere in Americas and European timezone. Also, could house in Toronto, Mountain View or Paris.
As a web developer for the Mozilla Foundation you will be responsible for high-profile websites aimed at making the web better. You will be the lead engineer for a donor management system, a content management system and mozilla.org. You will work with different teams and community members across Mozilla as the technical lead for these projects, which includes application development, architectural decisions and deployment strategies.
Mozilla is a global community of people creating a better, more open Internet.
Mozilla produces well known open source software like Firefox and Thunderbird. It is also launching a new global initiative called Drumbeat to support people using technology to bring understanding, participation and individual empowerment to online life.
Mozilla is like no other work environment -- global, collaborative, fluid. It's a place to challenge yourself, and have fun in the process.
- Application development for Mozilla Foundation projects
- Maintenance and bug fixing for Foundation web projects
- Handling security patches for any Drupal-based projects
- Motivating and supporting volunteer developers from the Mozilla community
- Working with community members and contractors to ensure the quality of any web development
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2 years of web development experience
- Strong PHP development skills
- Ability to debug and optimize SQL queries
- Experience working on high load web applications
- Ability to optimize web application performance
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Must be well versed in source control management (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Must be familiar with Linux environments
- Experience working with volunteer contributors and community members
- Basic LAMP systems administration experience
- Drupal and CiviCRM experience a plus
Team and Location
The Drumbeat senior web developer will work closely with the executive director and others on the Mozilla Foundation team.
Highly competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Deadline and hiring process
If you're interested, please short email, resume and links to your work to mark - at - mozillafoundation - dot - org.
This is an open ended hiring process -- we'll keep looking until we find the right people. However, we will start interviewing by the first week of March. So, get in touch ASAP if you are serious and interested.