|[[ |Web Made Movies wiki]]|
|Owner: Brett Gaylor, David Humphrey, Bobby Richter, CDOT, Bocoup||Updated: 2011-03-15|
|Web Made Movies is Mozilla's Open Video Lab|
- Butter: The authoring tool for popcorn.js: butterapp.org
- Project website: webmademovies.org
- Drumbeat project page: https://drumbeat.org/en-US/projects/webmademovies/
- mailing list (working group; occasional): Google Group
- twitter: @webmademovies #webmademovies
- issue tracker: Lighthouse
- source code: Github: https://github.com/webmademovies
- irc: #popcorn on irc.mozilla.org
- Software Roadmap (popcorn.js + Butter): http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/popcornjs
About this project
Web Made Movies is Mozilla’s open video lab. We’re bringing filmmakers and hackers together to explore how modern browser technologies like HTML5 can reshape moving images on the web.
Movies are engines for innovation
We believe that the production of a new type of cinema, informed by the same qualities that make the web unique, will drive further innovation in browser-based video. That’s why were striving towards feature productions at Web Made Movies that are built using open video and HTML5 – working together, filmmakers and web developers can push the medium into new territory.
The projects we’ll pursue will be a combination of those brought by partners, institutions and from within our own team.
Creating software in the process
Our ultimate goal: a new cinema that works like the web
HTML5 and open video have created an exciting opportunity: cinema and journalism that can pull people and data from across the web into the story. Creating new ways to inform, educate and entertain online.