Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Mobile
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 Support
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
Alex to do analysis for bug 769011 – Google/Gmail text becomes symbols based upon about:support info Matt provided
- Firefox (desktop/Android) 14.0.1 released this morning at 8AM PT
- The trains are yet again aligned! The power..
- Updates will be unthrottled till Thursday, and a final decision on rolling a .1 or unthrottling will be made by 7/25
- Post-mortem will be held on 7/31
- FF15.0 beta 1 (building now) will be released Thursday, and FF16.0a2 (Aurora) will be enabled this Friday
- Both pending QA sign-off
- AVG and Conduit add-ons bypass the third-party opt-in dialog. We're giving them time to fix it by the end of the week and will probably be blocklisted.
- bug 719601 - 1.8 SDK incompatibility on Nightly. The workaround is to use the 1.9 beta.
- Notes from Platform Meeting
- We now have email@example.com mailing list
- [akeybl] We've taken bug 764192 – Temporarily enable some jemalloc assertions on FF15 (test channels only) to help identify malloc errors in 3rd party add-ons/plugins. This change now produces these crash signatures. Our main goal once 764192 hits the beta channel is to find new/significant crashes on that list, figure out if they had a different signature previously, and make sure we have a bug on file.
- Tomorrow's Socorro update is very low risk and mostly admin-UI related
- Jelly Bean, Cyanogenmod quitting and the onPrepareOptionsMenu crash bugs are the ones to watch for release
- Aurora is more unstable than Nightly; Chances are that this initial beta will be unstable comparitively and it would be nice to fix some of these issues before we release in beta.
See Mobile Stability from Platform Meeting for more details
- ashughes is at Blackhat/Defcon next week, Juan will cover any Firefox Desktop QA
- Funnelcake 11, 12 builds
- desupport for osx10.5 coming in FF17
- open question: for upcoming releases, can we rotate timing of release-day work to optimize for different global audiences (europe, US, asia)?
- Top issues:
- SO MANY Flash complaints.
- More minor issues:
- Ugly (?)/Theme color/borderless toolbars look bad.
- Complaints about awesome bar behavior (some people say it doesn't work, some people want it off, some don't understand how it works)
- Doesn't support 16384 bit keys? https://input.mozilla.org/opinion/3090510
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds
- bug 774509 – We need to communicate the FF17 10.5 EOL to our users (add-on hotfix)
- [RelMan] investigate & report back about release timing and whether 8am worked, if we should/could go earlier an hour