Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- [lsblakk] reach out to Michael Verdi for Sumo article, if one doesn't already exist, on getting beta 4 [done - will follow up with Jorge for release blocklist verification]
- [KaiRo] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=852510 Can we confirm the volume has gone down? [done]
- Done somewhat on both release and beta, but going down slowly (#18 on release, #8 on beta now)
- [bajaj] Check with the FHR team, can we add measurements to FHR in one cycle to get any useful stats
- Not as easy and accomadative as we thought, but any new requirement should go through below cycle :
- New data Request needs to have a value proposition, go through privacy review, product review, perf review and then a bug and assignment broken into pieces(probes,server side,client side) to get it into FHR
- For Fx26 Cheng or SUMO is working on getting on new probe for desktop: ability to tell whether the user has turned automatic updates on or not.This is mainly going to help when australis comes on nightly
- Firefox Mobile 23.0b4 shipped today
- Go to build sent for FF 23.0b5 (Desktop only)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=885668 (JS_GetFunctionScript) continues to be a concern - Bobby has been working on it, but seems to be on vacation until Monday.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860641 (RelevantKnowledge) remains the #1 concern, still #2 crash in 23.0b4 atm.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=866402 (nsRefreshDriver::Tick) is the top Mac issue now on 23.0b3
- Looks like bug 854176 and bug 812683 (D2D/D3D11 crashes on Win7) are dropping in volume since the MS Patch Tuesday, but let's keep watching this. We have a user in a bug telling us Patch Tuesday didn't stop it for him, but uninstalling the ASUS OSD does. Maybe this actually is an ASUS bug.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=850571 is #12 on 22.0, but thankfully it's fixed in 23 already. :)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=889433 (libstagefright/libcutils, Sony Xperia Z, JB 4.2) continues to be a concern.
- We will blocklist in Week 5 of beta if it continues
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=889741 (Canvas animation w/themes) regressed in Firefox 22 but is "fixed" in Firefox 23. Find fix range or just let it ride?
- trunk is a bit crashy about x10 higher than Aurora/Beta/Release
- bug 890272 - flash crasher
- tree closure this Saturday 1200-1830 PDT, quite a few changes affecting RelEng infra, see
the windows builds have been fixed as per bug 869966
Annie is on vacation 12th-18th. Please contact Anurag in case of emergency. Re: stewardship... these is a joint effort w/ IT/DbAs currently to catalog all Mozilla's data holdings. Many things, no one is sure who "owns" it. So, this is not a short term project! But who actually "owns" FHR data has been questioned recently.
- (satdav) Can I suggest we add a firefox OS section as we do thunderbird like once a week on a tuesday
- Not unless anything directly affects Desktop/Mobile - there are B2G meetings on Tuesdays at 5pm PT for this
- [akeybl] We met about Australis testing (especially around add-ons), here are the notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/australis-3rd-party
- What add-ons are notorious for breaking and taking forever to be resolved?
Norton, AVG, Skype, Babylon, Conduit, Bandoo