Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
- Callek, lizzard, avaida, Ioana , philipp, petruta, marco,teodora,MihaiN,CristiComo,AlexSimonca, Mihai B, elan, sylvestre,
- 48.0.1 not built yet
- the 10% e10s system addon seems ready
- we will wait for more feedback
- Crash fixes:
- Bug 1281168 - Crash in OOM | unknown | js::AutoEnterOOMUnsafeRegion::crash | js::ObjectGroupCompartment::NewEntry::Lookup::Lookup
- Bug 1290469 - Crash in OOM | unknown | js::AutoEnterOOMUnsafeRegion::crash | js::detail::HashTable<T>::prepareHash | js::SavedStacks::getOrCreateSavedFrame
- Bug 1276920 - Crash in shutdownhang | mozilla::net::CacheFileIOManager::GetDoomedFile | mozilla::net::ShutdownEvent::PostAndWait
- Bug 1291078 - Re-arrange events fired on <option> elements for e10s to match non-e10s
- Bug 1291738 - Block the version of websense crashing 48 & 49.
- Bug 1280443 sec
- Bug 1293721 - Signed add-on installation fails with
getURL may not be called before anid
oruuid` has been set
- Bug 1264530 - crash in nsPluginInstanceOwner::UseAsyncRendering
- [Andrei] When do we plan to ship 48.0.1? Our teams will be out of office next Monday (Aug 15), for a Holiday in Romania.
- [Sylvestre] Not sure yet, not this week or next Monday for sure.
- 49.0b2 mobile - waiting for QA signoff Mails was sent yesterday:S Thanks! missed that. looking again
- Will start the build for 49.0b3 desktop today.
- (Callek) OpenH264 1.6 planned to ship to Dev-Edition (50) today.
- (Callek) also shipping to beta (49) on monday, if all goes well.
- top issue is shutdownhang nsEventQueue::GetEvent https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1292181 with 10.3% of all browser crashes
these crash bugs with rising volume in 49 might need some developer attention:
- Abort | ... | mozilla::dom::PBrowser::Transition https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1269036 (0.63 % of browser crashes)
- MustSkipMarking<T> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1275172 (0.5% of browser crashes)
b+c crash rate: 0.95 (green), only ~20% of users updated to 48.0 already
[philipp] 48.0 main issues:
- startup crash with websense https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291738 (1.12% of browser crashes)
- putting qipcap.dll on the windows dll blocklist doesn't seem to mitigate these crashes according to 49.0b2 crash data
- websense is generally causing startup crashes with each new firefox release until they provide a fixed version: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1131180 & https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/firefox?tagged=bug1181091&show=all
- startup crash with mcafee siteadvisor https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1131180 (0.92% of crashes)
- blocklisting the addon at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286368 doesn't work reliably - maybe we can try using the dll blocklist to target the mcafee dll that's presumably triggering the crash instead?
- there's a bug in addon blocklisting: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294439
- crash in nsPluginInstanceOwner::UseAsyncRendering https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1264530 (2.5% of crashes)
- bug has a proposed patch
- We've signed off Firefox 49 Beta 2
- We've signed off Aurora 50 with the recommendation to keep updates off due to Bug 1290823
- Bug 1290823 - Credentials input screen not displayed when input box is tapped
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] The update pushed for the e10s rollout sys add-on has been tested, with no or relatively minor issues found - see http://bugzil.la/1292721#c37.
Aurora / Dev Edition
[READ ONLY is fine here]
- Tor Browser got the out-of-date notification from SystemAddons for their latest version, due to their version number being lower than ours. We worked around it by explicitly blocking SystemAddons for any version < 44.
- Tor will be working around it within a few days anyway by disabling SystemAddons (and probably updating a setting that our update server can recognize "tor" as well better)
- Was tracked in Bug 1294395