Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 Release health
- 8 QE
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lizzard, andrei, calixte, Bogdan, RyanVM, marcia, philipp, rail, MIhai Boldan
(liz) Trying to have better reporting on post-meeting followup!
- any response from contacts at websense? (for kev) - heard from product, eng escalation hasn't gotten back
- WNP for 49 zh-TW https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1292637
- feedback from rail this may not be hard (we have to remember to tell balrog not to push it to ESR)
- spike on beta 5 turned out to be an illusion (rerunning telemetry data made it go away)
- android N stability? (for kbrosnan) sounds good except for split screen bug.
- We have a workaround for the websense startup crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294650
- tested and verified
- but infrastructure (pulse.mozilla.org) issues affecting treeherder, taskcluster, mean we could not build Tues. night.
- (liz) 49 beta 7 desktop should build on Thursday. We have some backlog/delay today, from the last 2 days' infrastructure problems, so I will likely go to build later in the afternoon.
- OpenH264 v1.6
- Delayed for Android on release (and esr in case someone built it locally) -- pending more complete testing from Maire's team (bug 1296002)
A Modest Dashboard Collection beta crash-stats: https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=49.0b more beta data: https://health.graphics/crashes/beta https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/beta-crash-rates and more: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxbeta e10s/non crash rate: https://telemetry.mozilla.org/crashes/office-dashboard.html addons e10s crash rate (currently beta): https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/stability-comparison-for-e10s-add-ons-experiment
Top crashers -
crash rate browser: 1.03, content: 0.14 [philipp] beta 6 has a better crashing profile than previous versions & intel cpu crash spike (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1296630 ) is gone again
crash rate browser: 0.99, content: 0.01
[philipp] websense startup crash signature isn't totally gone in 48.0.2 but reduced in volume comparing to our two previous attempts of pushing 48 to windows users
(84 crashes with websense on 36 installations since last night) 48.0.2: 120K ADI 48.0.1: 18M ADI 47.0.1 47M ADI
- [marcia] Since GL layers enabled there are crashes from gl driver starting to show up. This was reported by those in the Uptime rotation.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283629 is still a top crash on 48 and seems to be stalled
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1292602 #3 top crash has a fix and is awaiting check in
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079874 May want to uplift this to 49
READ ONLY raw notes (with links to graphs, etc.) - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/vtNqXxJuTY
Aurora / Dev Edition
Beta: 1 blocking, 7 new, 49 carryover Aurora: 1 blocking, 52 new, 107 carryover
- Triage day changing to Wed 11am PT, async triage still happening as well
- [desktop] [Andrei] 48.0.2 signed off.
- [desktop] [Florin] Websense - discussing with IT about how we can deploy this at Softvision (a bit more complicated than expected) - we may get a license if we figure out the details (discussed with Lawrence and Sylvestre)
- [desktop] [Andrei] New features picked up in 51: Password Visibility Toggle (1270321) and Support for FLAC (1195723).
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] Mid-Aurora feature sign offs in progress - should be done by Monday.
- [desktop] [Andrei] 49.0b6 signed off, no blocking issues.
- [desktop] [Andrei] 49.0b7 Testday this Friday, focused on graphics - http://tinyurl.com/h9j7yz4.
- Fennec 49 Beta 6 out without major issues
- TestRail progress - we started moving TC to TestRail
- working ok on Windows machine
- having a lot of issues on Ubuntu - disconnections etc
- smoketest and 4 suites are done.
- I will look tomorrow early on the crashes
[marcia] FYI Project Uptime meetings starting next week: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime#Meetings
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- post mortem still postponed till we know more about e10s. Erin will also run a postmortem.