Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo [Guest URL] (https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=EXysadF68Dac )
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 Release health
- 8 QE
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
- Callek, milan, marcia, lizzard, sylvestre, blassey, philipp, calixte, ritu, lmandel, jst, ryanvm, marco, elan, shell, kbrosnan
(liz) Trying out more reporting on post-meeting followup!
- WebGL issues in nightly?
- [marcia] Could not find the particular reference to this from the last meeting
- Did SV get access/a license to websense for testing?
- Making progress
- Testday focused on WebGL last friday https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20160826
- Testrail Ubuntu deployment (Ioana?)
- 48.0.2 (we throttled these updates quickly as the crash still showed up in very early results)
- We have another workaround / hotfix for the websense startup crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1298404
- Summary (from Jordan)
- all windows users, we are whitelisting the windows users who have explicitly have the hotfix and their OS_VERSION includes the 'nowebsense' string. The other windows users: the ones who haven't got the hotfix yet or who do have the hotfix but also have websense, will continue to get the latest 47 release.
- all other platforms are unaffected
- Usual watersheds apply
- (Callek) Assumption of only release channel(s) [not beta] - yes, not ESR
- (Callek) Will wait for explicit GO for both a testing channel for our QA and a seperate GO for the release-user channel
- and their engineering is answering us now; this is fixed in their newest version and they are trying to backport
- Asked for a free license + help with a workaround
- timeline for websense rollout on their side? don't know.
- How many users? do we know?
- Should we wait to publish the sec advisories till the websense users are brought to 49?
- (liz) 49 beta 8 desktop shipped today
- (callek) beta XP (and Vista) downloads point to 49.0b8 now (SHA1 signed) [per :rail]
- (Drop for next meeting, unless new information) OpenH264 v1.6
- Delayed for Android on release (and esr in case someone built it locally) -- pending more complete testing from Maire's team (bug 1296002)
A Modest Dashboard Collection >^. .^< beta crash-stats: https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=49.0b more beta data: https://health.graphics/crashes/beta https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/beta-crash-rates and more: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxbeta e10s/non crash rate: https://telemetry.mozilla.org/crashes/office-dashboard.html addons e10s crash rate (currently beta): https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/stability-comparison-for-e10s-add-ons-experiment
[philipp] various shutdownhang crashes are currently lumped together in the same signature (shutdownhang | mozilla::CondVar::Wait | nsEventQueue::GetEvent) due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1272911
[marcia] Top crashers - some of the same that are on nightly:
crash rate browser: 0.97, content: 0.16
[philipp] top issues in 49.0b7:
- crash in js::ConstraintTypeSet::sweep is rising in 49.0b and especially spiking in the last few days, 1.6% of all browser crashes
- crash in nsXPCWrappedJS::nsXPCWrappedJS https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1295033, 1.1% of browser crashes
- seems to be partly correlated to kaspersky running on affected systems
- crash in Abort |... | mozilla::dom::PBrowser::Transition https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1269036 is 0.6% of browser crashes
- has patch pending approval
- async shutdown crash with MediaStreamGraph https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255737 is 0.5% of browser crashes
- backout of the code causing this issue is pending approval
crash rate browser: 0.95, content: 0.01
[marcia] - Summary of our top 5 browser crashes:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291084 continues to be the top browser crash
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1273770 ni on Triage component owner of Session Store
- Just duped to another bug.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1051567 - kanru has a patch - also a top crash on Aurora
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1277582 - ni on billm, waiting for tests
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1297186 - patch awaiting review
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1298638 - new crash in APZ found and already resolved fixed
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1283629 - startup crash present in 48, currently unowned and we are unable to reproduce
READ ONLY - updated August 30th! raw notes (with links to graphs, etc.) - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/0bHDfFvXuJ
Aurora / Dev Edition
* Bugs: * https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1289321 (pending needinfo- will resolve on September 5th) * https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1287707 (not clear on what actual work will take place, or what is being done) * comparison to week 1: * basic_compositor_video 6% osx regression - Bug 1299230
Beta: 1 blocking, 7 new, 18 carryover Good progress on apz blocking bug, QE caught an issue (thanks Petruta!) Fix coming soon. (New blocker: the websense crash) Aurora: 2 blocking, 54 new, 93 carryover https://mozilla.github.io/releasehealth/
- Triage day changing to Wed 11am PT, async triage still happening as well. Monday 2pm PST still ongoing too.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Is this a blocker? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1291313 multiple sync accounts
- [marcia] Testing on the upcoming Mac OS Sierra (10.12) - knowing that it may be released between 49 and 50? https://mzl.la/2bD0tT4 is the list of known bugs so far. The release date announced so far is Fall 2016
- Liz will email SV to ask if we have some smoke testing set up for 49. Time is short.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- post mortem still postponed till we know more about e10s. Erin will also run a postmortem.
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
liz: * Should we wait to publish the sec advisories till the websense users are brought to 49? talk with al and dan, brad