Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2016-09-08

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
« previous week | index | next week »

Channel Meeting Details

Video/Teleconference Details - NEW

  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
  • Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
  • Vidyo Guest URL
REMEMBER
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.

FORCETOC

Attendees

lizzard, RyanVM, Ninu, elan, philipp, avaida, blassey, ritu, marcia, Florin, Andrei, calixte

Previous Actions

Schedule Update

  • 49 RC2 built. fennec build on the way.

Add-ons

Stability

A Modest Dashboard Collection >^. .^<

beta crash-stats: https://crash-stats.mozilla.org/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=49.0b

more beta data: https://health.graphics/crashes/beta

https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/beta-crash-rates

and more: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxbeta

e10s/non crash rate: https://telemetry.mozilla.org/crashes/office-dashboard.html

addons e10s crash rate (currently beta): https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/dashboard/stability-comparison-for-e10s-add-ons-experiment

 with correlations: https://mozilla.github.io/stab-crashes/

Aurora

[marcia]

Beta

overall rate: 1.14 (browser: 1.0, content:0.14)

[philipp]

  • crashing pattern of rc1 looks very good so far (intel-cpu specific crash spike gone, no unexpected major other crashers)

Release

overall rate: 0.86 (browser: 0.76, content: 0.11)

[marcia]

  • Fair number of shutdown hangs in the top 20 crashes, not all have been filed.

Nightly

[marcia]

Mobile

[marcia]

QE

Mobile

  • [mobile] [Ninu] 49.0b11 signed off, no blocking issues
  • [mobile] [Ninu] 49.0 RC build late today, sign off will be tomorrow

Performance (Thu)

Aurora / Dev Edition

Beta

Release

QE

  • Hotfix warning could use testing (for 49) Still unclear if it will affect 49. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1300523
      • [Andrei] will keep an eye on How do we test this? once we're pushing to release-cdntest? Very last minute... - we'll follow up with Felipe, see if he has any tips
  • (liz) SSE2 deprecation - Not sure I am clear what we expect to happen https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1284902
      • [Andrei] As far as I can tell, https://bugzil.la/1284902#c25 confirmed the expected behavior - users without SSE2 support will not be updated to 49 and instead will have a learn more page available with a message stating just that.
  • [desktop] [Andrei] 49.0-build2 signed off, no blocking issues.
  • [desktop] [Andrei] 45.4.0esr-build1 validation in progress.
  • [desktop] [Florin] Marcia raised the issue of getting regular up-to-date information on platform usage - any easy way to get this? Used to get this from KaiRo (by request mostly) based on ADI numbers.

Nightly

Aurora / Dev Edition

  • [desktop] [Andrei] Periodical WebRTC smoke testing on Fx50 to be completed by tomorrow morning -- see http://goo.gl/UBpkhM.
  • [desktop] [Andrei] Fx50 pre-beta feature sign offs to be completed by tomorrow, eod.
    • e10s RTL signed off on Windows and Mac OS X -- see http://goo.gl/Pz6s0Y.
    • @Ritu: We do not have the resources to test WebRTC Full Duplex Audio Streams - https://bugzil.la/1142613 - before 50 is merged to Beta.
      • (Ritu) I understand. Can we do it during early Beta50 cycle? (Andrei) Yes.
  • [desktop] [Andrei] Aurora 50 Testday this Friday, Sep 9th -- see https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20160909.

Beta

Action items

Mobile

Performance

RelEng

Marketing/Communications

User Advocacy

Roundtable

  • [marcia] Mac testing - which versions we test - smoketests, test runs. Should we look at telemetry to decide which mix of OS's to test?
    • Follow up to an email thread
  • [philipp] are we now also automatically producing sha-1 signed release builds that we offer xp, vista users on the download page?
    • We are producing them on every beta -- and we'll be producing them on release as of this cycle. :rail is on point for that work \o/
  • [callek] (please read for me) Do we have any decision on go/no-go for tuesday yet. If no decision, when is our go/no-go decesion (to hold the merge-day work)
** tl;dr I found I have to be PTO monday, so if merge-day is monday :jlund will cover,.

Special Topics

Aurora/Beta Feature Review

Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)

Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)

Actions