Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
jcristau, jlorenzo, marcia, nicole,iulia,cornel, avaida, philipp,Ninu,Timea, Cristian, Alexandru,elan
gtb today for
- 45.8.0esr build2
- fennec 52.0b11
- fennec 52.0 build1
- firefox 52.0 build2
- firefox 52.0esr build2
monday is merge day tuesday is 52 release
tls13-compat system add-on pushed to release on tuesday updated websense detection getting ready for 47.0.2 - 51.0.1
awsy rate: 4.39 (browser 1.07, content 3.32) telemetry from sunday (m+c-s): 1.79 (was 2.24 the week before, 2.95 at this point last cycle)
- Crash rate down slightly from Tuesday's meeting
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1339168 and F1398665248_____________________________ are top 2 browser crashes.
- that flash crash signature also spiked up on older beta builds for one day - probably some external website change triggered that
awsy rate: 0.88 (browser 0.68, content 0.20) telemetry from sunday (m+c-s): 3.21 (was 3.22 the week before, 3.02 at this point last cycle)
[philipp] 52.0 rc1 nothing unexpected - crash fixes going into this build all seem to have worked:
- OOM | large | mozalloc_abort | mozalloc_handle_oom | moz_xmalloc | SkChunkAlloc::newBlock https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303094
- mozilla::gfx::DrawTargetD2D1::GetImageForLayerContent https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1262390
- opus_packet_get_samples_per_frame https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325707
- last minute uplift request for wasapi crash fixes (around 0.4% of all crashes on beta): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1342363
awsy rate: 0.81 (browser 0.54, content 0.27) telemetry from sunday (m+c-s): 2.42 (was 2.44 the week before, 2.71 at this point last cycle)
- Explosiveness report is quiet: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-03-01/2017-03-01.firefox.51.explosiveness.html
awsy rate: 15.04 (browser 1.93, content 13.11) telemetry from sunday (m+c-s): 7.88 (was 15.17 the week before, 6.04 at this point last cycle)
- Not too much new to report since Tuesday's meeting
- Crash rate is slightly higher than what was reported Tuesday
- New bugs filed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1343851 - Crash in mozilla::gl::SurfaceFactory::NewTexClient
- Project Uptime Bugs: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1
Release awsy rate: 1.11 Beta awsy rate: 1.98
- after a closer look at the high volume media-playback related crashes on beta it wasn't conclusive that this is really regression in 52, or if they are just generally rising on all channels
- no longer set to block the release
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Windows XP/Vista user migration to 52.0esr is green on "esr-localtest" – report: https://goo.gl/1NxBEF.
- Per Rail, the sign off on "esr-cdntest" is re-scheduled for Mon, Mar 6.
- tls13-compat1.0.3 system add-on is green on "release-sysaddon" – report: https://goo.gl/Tc1oYs.
- ESR 45.8 is green – wiki: https://goo.gl/sZNf5d | report: https://goo.gl/ho1eEu.
- ESR 52.0 (build 1) sign off in progress – eta: Fri, 3 Mar | current progress: https://goo.gl/tPgARy.
- Pre-Beta (Fx53) feature sign offs in progress – eta: Fri, 3 Mar.
- [AT RISK] Large-Allocation header (1331083) – we've only clarified how this feature needs to be tested yesterday. We won't be able to sign it off.
- [AT RISK] TURN/TLS support (1056934) – testing was blocked by https://bugzil.la/1336507 for a while (it's fixed on 54, but not uplifted to 53). We won't be able to sign it off.
- [YELLOW] Compositor Process for Windows (1307578) – yellow because of https://mzl.la/2lDoMpk, which are not severe enough to block, but they are a quality concern from our perspective.
- [YELLOW] Compact Themes (1314091) – yellow because of https://bugzil.la/1208616,1340206,1340620, the rest of the issues are polish bugs, entire bug list here: https://mzl.la/2lDukQD.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Aurora 53 Testday to be held tomorrow – https://goo.gl/NSNBWX.
- Signed off the 52.0b10 build on Tuesday with no blockers
- '[GREEN] New Survey page feature (Bug 1317754 ) Test plan https://goo.gl/KKcRTj
- [AT RISK]Fennec Media Controls (1268368) due to bug 1326114 and 1340191 fixed in Beta today
- [GREEN] Add "Compact tabs" settings under "Customize" (Bug 1202861): Test plan https://goo.gl/5aJmZA
- [GREEN] Display estimated reading time in Reader Mode (Bug 1265304): Test plan https://goo.gl/bEyVyD
- elan to meet with Fx Product At Week 2 (Beta 2) on 3/15 to lock down feature names for 55 (and any other ones we have questions about). This will happen during Week 2 of each cycle going forward.
- New Milestone to be enforced 2 weeks prior to merge: Feature Freeze for Nightly(?)
- Firefox Trello Board: https://trello.com/invite/b/8k1hT2vh/89b89604f50dc1cbf7ff65f3193ea137/firefox
- Tagged Updated permission prompts, Display Notification when new device is added to sync account, large allocation process
Beta 4... Demo Day Next Week If you have any features you would like to see demo'd, put them here: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/demos Release coordinator: we have one for 54 (nathan) 55