Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
- Chugging along - builds are coming up as we speak
Maemo Mobile Firefox 1.0
- It went out on Friday night! Woop woop!
Maemo Mobile Firefox 1.1
- 1.1 versioning changes on 1.9.2 slated early next week (more in Product Development)
- mobile-browser tree will open today
- 12 patches already waiting to land on 1.9.2 nightly builds in the next few days
WinMo Mobile Firefox 1.0 Alpha 4
- release date still tbd
- plan to release off of 220.127.116.11
1.9.3 alpha 1
- may freeze on Thursday of this week (decision to be made Thursday), which would hopefully imply release early next week
- still not certain whether OOPP will be on
- common issues
- Took a look Monday at people who were trying to downgrade from 3.6 to 3.5 -- almost all were people missing extensions. Top extensions needed: Norton.
- This release graphably smoother: http://blog.mozilla.com/sumo/
Firefox/Platform Behold, a mere sampling of the mighty awesome that the Firefox team hath wrought:
- UI for crashed, out-of-process plugins basically done bug 538910
- Getting close to having the ability to specify custom actions for each update. See Rob Strong's blog post, bug 530872 and bug 538331
- Stephen Horlander exploring changes we want to make to tab animation (creation, re-ordering, tear off).
- Check Boriss' blog for discussion about the new look and function of the extension manager
- Marco added a ton of awesome to browser chrome test harness, including common headers, clean up functions, and timeout extensions. Already cleared a few intermittents.
- Progress on various UI perf and responsiveness bugs (bug 520659, bug 536893, bug 528884)
See the active projects page for the complete list of active work by the Firefox team.
- On maemo, consolidation of xulrunner and fennec deb files slated for next week
- re-installing repos and fennec installations won't be required
- New homepage for current projects on Fennec
- More details available in the mobile engineering meeting notes
Questions? No? Next.
- 3017 - 3.6 MU testing completed - may have to wait for bug 542391
- OOPP Testdays - This week and next
- Your 3.next feature needs eyes: ping us.
- Design lunch discussion: reporter.mozilla.org update - bug 540873
- components added to fennec product
- preview of reporter extension should be available within the next couple of weeks
- marcia is going to do a full run of our BFTs on litmus with the HTC Touch Pro
- 3.5.8/3.0.18 built, signed bits should be ready this afternoon
- Contributions up 40% in January!
- Working with Foundation to let developers know they can solicit contributions for the Foundation
- bug 543920 - add-on icons not working/mixed up
- Tracking a few bugs for 3.6.2 related to drag and drop and extensions.
Major Update updates:
- have 3.0 -> 3.6 copy...need direction on next steps (bug 542589 )
- per Kovash's recent findings, we're adding clearer "free" messaging to the 3.5 -> 3.6 major update (bug 532540 )