Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
SHIPPED: Firefox 3.6.3
- shipped on Thursday (8FD)
- patches "p0wn20wn" vulnerability disclosed at CanSecWest
- that vulnerability does not exist on 3.0.19 and 3.5.9, though we will be adding some protective code to 3.5 anyway for good measure
- will include out of process plugins for Windows and Linux
- a schedule has been proposed:
- Tree opens: April 1
- Code freeze (with OOPP): April 12, 11:59pm
- QA starts: April 13
- Beta build: April 14
- QA with beta build start: April 15
- Beta offered as advertised major update to 3.6.x beta channel: April 16
- Beta offered as minor update to remaining 3.6.x beta channel: April 27
- Final release: May 4
- will discuss more in today's roundtable
- schedule tbd based on 3.6.4 discussion
Fennec 1.0.1 Maemo
- on hold until updates issues are fixed
Fennec 1.1 Beta Maemo
- code freeze today
mozilla-central developer preview - draft release notes
- tab matches in awesomebar
- core animation on OSX
- out of process plugins on OSX
- direct2d acceleration on Windows
- visited history privacy fix
- Jetpack 0.3
- freeze Sunday, April 18
- RC1 Monday, April 19
- final Monday, April 26
- on track
- AVG toolbar causes CPU usage increase: bug 556332
- Currently picking through reports to see if there are other compounding factors.
Firefox Project 2 things to direct your attentions toward:
If you want an RSS feed full of Firefox awesomeness like this, check out planet firefox.
(see the April 6th platform meeting notes for more details)
- 14 locales with sign-offs for Fennec
- Lorentz with 14 sign-offs, and 29 locales with strings. Issues with testing (bug 557808). Top locales missing still, like German or Japanese.
- Weave localization scheme taking shape
- Testing 3.6.3plugin1 (beta). Should be done by EOD.
- 3.7a4 spot checks as soon as we get builds.
- Tab matching in the awesome bar testday - This Friday. April 9th.
- Detailed mobile QA status
- Lorentz branch is going to be shut down. bug 557810
- AMO devs still working hard on Zamboni, our Django rewrite
- Incubation proposal feedback the past few weeks; will update on our blog soon
- Working with the Firefox team on Add-ons Manager rewrite and Discovery Pane
- Policy updates posted regarding advertisements, private browsing, Conduit, and more
- Rock Your Firefox launched a few weeks ago and has been doing very well
- Plugins and Blocklisting
- Plugins directory security fixes almost done, waiting for release smoke to clear before launching it officially
- Meeting with add-ons and beltzner this week to sort out blocklist process (once and for all!)
- versioning generated quite a bit of work across webdev last week. :)
- Crash stats team is working on how to handle hang processing, hope to be done in 3-4 days. Related bugs: bug 544940, bug 555729
- Whipped up mocks for landing page, those are in pretty good shape. Now on to implementation in bug 555332.
- nthomas waiting for review from morgamic for AUS handling branch updates. ETA this week. bug 534954
- Mozilla.com Optimization
- First Run
- Getting Started
- Speed Improvements
- Plugin Project
- Waiting on Finishing Security Review before choosing launch date.
- Mozilla beats Apple, Microsoft to Pwn2Own patch punch
- Removing the RSA Security 1024 V3 Root
- To be added to "This Week in Browsing" weekly news roundup please email Shannon Prior
- Shipping OOPP (beltzner/LegNeato)
- first ship beta of the Lorentz branch
- juanb: in-product pages being worked on?
- then ship an opt-in Firefox 3.6.4 beta
- then ship Firefox 3.6.4 beta to all users on 3.6 beta channel
- then ship to all users on 3.6 beta channel
- collect feedback as we go
- juanb: how? what mechanism?
- measure twice, cut once!
- QA schedule concerns
- l10n schedule concerns
- are updates on 3.6.4 web pages coming? (pascalc, l10n)
- first ship beta of the Lorentz branch