Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- Beta 8 post-mortem will likely be sometime next week. Christian will send an email around and talk about it during the Monday meeting
- Plan to do a quick, date-driven beta 9 (for reals this time)
- Plan to code freeze this Friday, 2011-01-07
- Weekend will hopefully shake any issues out
- Branch and build on Monday, 2011-01-10 if no major issues are found
- If issues are found, day-for-day slip on the builds
- Release to beta audience on Thursday, 2011-01-13
- Have you used Beta 8? It's awesome. We need to ship this. May require re-scoping features such as:
- Hardware Acceleration
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- Humming along, announced the blocker/non-blocker freeze split
- Code freeze for non-blockers is now 2011-01-11 (1 week away)
- Code freeze for blockers is still 2011-01-17 (2 weeks away)
- Final release is still planned for 2011-02-08
- The 1.0a7 release will ship this week, it's going through the QA paces now.
- 1.0a8 finalization imminent - there are a few remaining items to discuss with Kevin about the new Skywriter build.
- Worked on Q1 goals with Fligtar - we agreed on what level of AMO integration to shoot for this quarter. The final goal set will be published today.
- Major New features: a first try at opening our database, ability to copy user agent per message, submission page for major release users
- Feedback page is up on staging (can only get to it if your user agent is associated to the latest major release)
- ETA: 1/21
- input.mozilla.com has received 1,000,000 pieces of feedback
- Input 2.2 went out on 12/28 (Thanks wenzel!) with a bigger set of known manufacturers and devices for Mobile Firefox
- scheduled to freeze January 19 and ship January 26
- scope is small; not many changes; but gets us back to regular release cycle
- focus is on progress on E10S integration
Highlights / Notices
- Flash artifacts and Amazon Lightning Deals FIXED.
- Copy/Paste, Search Box and Tab Button are new to our watch list of concerns.
- Smorgasboard of issues around Facebook Flash Apps
|Flash-related crashes||40-50 just flash related (not all crashes)||2020|
|Search Box not working||229||229+216||bug 620672|
|Netflix streaming player doesn't work OSX||103||103||was bug 598406|
|New Tab Button on Tab bar doesn't work||200||200|
|Google's Bodybrowser WebGL demo is not compatible with Firefox 4||221||133||bug 621718|
|Home button moved to the right of the search bar on load||924||bug 622141|
Questions and Concerns
- Any questions for Axel on switching on l10n-merge and updating compare-locales? 
- We don't use l10n-merge on branches, correct?
- How would failure show? Unable to build/repack? Incorrect strings in localized builds?
- How easy to rollback if needed?
- Is there any way to test in a RelEng/non-local staging environment first?
- For beta10, want to test MU from FF3.6.x -> FF4.0. Any objections?
- For SUMO documentation, are there any big changes left to happen between now and the final Firefox 4 release (e.g. tabs in title bar) that would likely require explanations to be rewritten or screenshots to be retaken?
- Any info on end-of-life on FF3.5? Not yet.
- When will "more scary" FF3.0 MU dialog be switched on? Still being localized.