Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PST, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 1.2 Feedback Summary
- 1.3 Highlights / Notices
- 1.4 Questions and Concerns
- 1.5 Press & Public Reactions
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox 4 (Desktop)
- schedule for next beta beltzner to fill in more detail!
Firefox 4 (Mobile)
- Code freeze was yesterday, actually got somewhat decent last-minute convergence (20 blockers down to 10 on 3.6)
- Waiting to send the go to build, will likely be this Friday
- We pushed the scary advertised update to 3.0 users yesterday
- All 1.0a8 deliverables are on-track
- The new ACE editor is highly awesometastic
- 1.0a9 release draft will be ready for initial review next week
- Code-frozen. We're releasing on 1/25
- Started work on Input 3.1 which'll have submission methods for mobile firefox and the dashboard for major release users across rate, site issues and ideas
- In regards to bug 617393...
- What will the appversion look like for betachannel users when go to a major release?
- There's a ui-review and string-review required there. What would be the right approach to ask for various reviews in the future?
- froze today, scheduled to ship January 26
- scope is small; not many changes; but gets us back to regular release cycle
- major deliverables mostly missed, but several are in late stages, and we made good progress on E10S integration
- Flash crashes seem to be the biggest issue on input.mozilla.com
- Copy/Paste, Search Box and Tab Button are new to our watch list of concerns see below for more details.
- Smorgasboard of issues around Facebook Flash Apps and Facebook Chat.
|ASSERT message when closing tab||about 250-300 hits on SUMO||203||bug 608589|
|Search Box not working||30ish||331||bug 620672|
|Netflix streaming player doesn't work OSX||17||204||was bug 598406|
|Copy/Paste issues (also related to issues with not enough storage messages)||100+ across various threads||768||bug 613915|
|DivX player doesn't work||225 (180+ overall)||61|
|New Tab Button on Tab bar doesn't work||50 across various threads||200||May be caused by divx extensions|
|Google's Bodybrowser WebGL demo is not compatible with Firefox 4||221||133||bug 621718|
|Home button moved to the right of the search bar on load||402||bug 622141|
|Twitter.com not rendered properly||100||bug 622064 bug 613040|
Highlights / Notices
Questions and Concerns
- Concern: 3.6.13 crashes don't look like they are being recorded, or certain views aren't showing all the data (.16 crashes / ADUs? SWEET!). Filed bug 627123. Just noticed today, not sure if it affects other versions.