Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Basecamp
- 2.2 Firefox Desktop
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Services
- 2.5 Add-on SDK
- 2.6 Identity
- 2.7 Apps
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
- Asa/Cheng to coordinate on input, come back with clear plan on PDF.js
- Alex to organize a meeting around Metro update planning
- Asa/Sheila to run this week's meeting, and the meeting 2 weeks hence
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Big group in Brazil this week.
- Team working hard on finishing feature work.
- Still some churn on requirements.
- Revised schedule to be communicated.
- Using LG phones.
- Hope to have the program setup by mid-Sept.
- Some features like updates are a priority for support.
Release (15, 10esr)
- FF15.0 released Tuesday unthrottled, and will likely be throttled for analysis before EOD Wednesday
- PDF.js disabled (bug 786012)
- Please start re-focusing on bugs tracked for FF16 and 17
- FF16 beta 1 went to build this morning, expected release date Thursday
- Updates for Mac OS X 10.5 users are disabled
- PDF.js disabled
- FF17a2 updates are expected to be enabled Friday
- Merge day happened Monday - Nightly=18, Aurora=17, Beta=16
- How will the Firefox 18 schedule be adjusted to avoid merging on December 31 and releasing on January 1?
- proposal soon to r-d, will likely extend the cycle by a week (affects all future release/merge dates)
- 4 Stars!
- Lot's of happy users
- Some uplift still needed
- No WebApps in Fx16
- New WebApp release
Apps In the Cloud Server
Release (1.9 -> Firefox 15, 16)
Stabilization (1.10 -> Firefox 16, 17)
Development (1.11 -> Firefox 17, 18)
- loader: ✓
- Norton was an issue for a day but should be updated (still getting some traffic -- there's Norton for Mac?!).
- Slow/jerky scrolling  (maybe. We haven't seen it on SUMO, just input)
- Bookmarks not visible on the bookmarks toolbar (some mentions of all toolbars missing): . This may not be Firefox 15 specific (but there are definitely more mentions of it in 15 than 14)
Firefox 15 (Released Tuesday!)
The past 24 hours of reviews are averaging 4.89 stars.
- Text Input
- Text Looks Jagged
- Most Requested mobile Threads on SUMO (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions?sort=requested&tagged=mobile)
- All Mobile Questions https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions?tagged=mobile
45 Sad faces on Input in the Past Week (http://input.mozilla.org/en-US/?q=&product=mobile&version=--&date_start=2012-08-20&date_end=2012-08-27&sentiment=sad)
Firefox 15 is turning out to be an incredibly popular release. Users on Google play like re-adding text selection, as well as desktop view.
UX & User Research
- No update this week.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Questions, Comments, FYI
Actions this week
- Asa/Sheila to run the meeting 2 weeks hence
- Cheng to summarize feedback on PDF.js.