Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PDT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Basecamp
- 2.2 Firefox Desktop
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Firefox Metro
- 2.5 Services
- 2.6 Add-on SDK
- 2.7 Identity
- 2.8 Apps
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
- Sheila to check on empty-stack crash rates to see if the sync OOM fix moved the needle.
- Yes, it appears to have decreased after that fix was checked in.
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Release (16, 10esr)
Beta Merge To Release in: 0 days
- Targeting a Thursday push for beta 5 (builds are with QA)
- Please hammer at Social API and PB to ensure bug 807217 is working
- Beta 6 will go to build Monday, Nov 12th targeting EOD PT
- Waiting for a security decision on possible whitelist or disable CTP (not desireable) for sites where CTP is broken bug 800018
- Beta 6 will ship next Wednesday, Nov 14th and the merge from m-b to m-r should occur shortly after
- Shooting for a go to build for the final release between 10AM and 12 PT
Next Merge Day: 0 days
Aurora 19 unthrottled: 0 days
Nightly bumped to 20 in: 0 days
Blocked by bug 808720 - stub installer ping is inconsistent
- Affecting Nightly and Aurora. It prevents from enabling it on beta and release.
- go/no-go decision on ARMv6 coming today
- Awesome screen entries populate faster bug 785945
- Honeycomb tab previews now update as you browser bug 787318
- DOMFullscreen elements will now prevent screen from timing out (dimming/turning off) bug 805017
- IME rewrite to make it thread safe has landed, many bugs closed as a result bug 805162
- several crash fixes bug 797705, bug 804926, bug 781259, bug 799877
- truck loads of new telemetry probes
- First draft of users stories ready for review: etherpad
- Iteration on remote tabs: mockup , bug 801056
- Semantic zoom on start page: mockup , bug 807867
- Iterating on "About Firefox" in setting charm: bug 807691
- Reviewed FX Metro user stories and matching them with user actions: etherpad
- Keep focusing on designing P1 features: snap view, bookmarks, topsite UI implementation.
- VC2010 backport is complete on elm. Should have vc10 elm builders doing nightlies this week.
- bug 795887 - Cache corruption should be significantly reduced in Metro due to Firefox closing the cache when it is suspended, r+ed, landing this week.
- Elm to mc merge work continues.
- Proposed new iteration model for development, under review and will post publicly once first draft is agreed to by core team.
- First pass at time estimations done and total under review, will post once information is validated.
Release (1.11 -> Firefox 16, 17)
Stabilization (1.12 -> Firefox 17, 18)
Development (1.13 -> Firefox 18, 19)
No audible this week ( Jeff is on a plane, Mossop is moving house ) but you can look at the Jetpack weekly notes here if you're curious.
Things seem to be going smoothly. Minor issues:
- Copy/Paste in google translate could be broken. Seems to be Windows only. I can't reproduce on Mac. Tyler is having some issues on Windows. 
- Trusteer update might not have reached all users as they'd suggested 
Please read Mobile Notes for an update.
UX & User Research
Market insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Coverage resulted from David Keeler's post on the Security Blog to explain Firefox's HSTS preloaded list.
- Firefox gets strict about enforcement of HTTPS protection
- Firefox to force secure connections for selected domains
- Firefox update will insist on security for certain domains
Coverage from Mozilla's UX blog post outlining new bookmarking prototypes for Firefox.
We worked with Christian Heilmann to pitch to press a myth-busting post on HTML5, to address industry concern over HTML5's readiness. Positive coverage below.
- Mozilla: Don't Abandon Web For Native Mobile Apps
- Mozilla Exec Fires Back at HTML5 App Barbs
- Mozilla Busts HTML5 Myths