Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 2.1 Firefox Desktop
- 2.2 Firefox Metro
- 2.3 Firefox Mobile
- 2.4 Services
- 2.5 Developer Tools
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 User Experience (Design & Research)
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- FF20 was released yesterday, 4/2 - release notes are available at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/desktop/20.0/releasenotes/
- FF21b1 is targeted for release tomorrow (with FHR) - see draft release notes at https://www-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/21.0beta/releasenotes/
- Stub installer is about to be offered to beta users permanently in bug 857199
- FF22.0a2 will be enabled before the end of the week
- Nightly is now FF23 as of 4/1
- Firefox Metro Iteration #5: April 1, 2013 - April 12, 2013
- Total Work:
- 5 existing feature changes.
- 14 existing feature defects.
- 9 new features.
- Completed Work: 15%
- 2 existing feature change.
- 1 existing feature defects.
- 3 new features
- Remaining Work: 85%
- 3 existing feature changes.
- 13 existing feature defects.
- 6 new features.
|831918||Story - Pin, Unpin, Hide, and Restore a Top Site
Fx21 Beta 1 is currently being qualified: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/21/Beta/1
Firefox Health Report
Snippets Surveys - We are working with Winston and Mike Kelly to push the snippets surveys for FF 20. They should provide early feedback prior to the full unthrottle. FF 20 Beta had a 4.0+ overall rating, so we expect to see similar results in release. Full report should be available next week.
The big negative feedback topic for Firefox 20 is the removal of the Quit option (SUMO Article on removing Quit). This was an expected backlash, so we aren't too worried about it right now.
A few complaints around website rendering, but we have not been able to reproduce. Keeping an eye on that.
Users love the ability to edit their top sites (some coming back to edit their reviews from previous versions) and private browsing, but both features need more visibility.
"Smooth and fast Since the new update Firefox has improved greatly, buttery smooth, this became my default browser. Keep up this good work"
User Experience (Design & Research)
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
Desktop / Platform
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Questions, Comments, FYI
Actions this week