Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
Firefox Desktop & Platform
- WebApps experience for Android continues to improve with bug 933979 - Uninstalled webapps take up a lot of space
- Sync is still converging, looks healthy overall
- There's been a bit of gfx related activity for Fx30, landings:
- GFX WIP: bug 988882 - Regression: fixed position header and site interaction broken on DuckDuckGo Goodies; content hidden behind the address-bar
- Landed in FxTeam bug 968308 - UI telemetry for home panels
- Nice bug fix for bug 976723 - Selection handle scrolls outside boundary of <input> on page scroll also landed in FXTeam, we'll see how it looks to uplift
- quiet week for devtools (chaos everywhere else).
- upcoming events: speaking at JSConf and CSSConf in May, keynote at ScotlandJS.
Snippet Survey live on 28 now. Report soon.
General Australis sentiment has been trending up from nightly -> Aurora -> Beta, we have a general snippet survey launching soon in Beta to give us a better overall picture of what users are saying.
The UI Tour is positively received by users who take it, and does seem to help the learning curve for those users that finish the tour. Says one user: "It felt like a whole new level of support from Mozilla. It felt user-friendly in a way I am not used to from Firefox."
No major updates at this time, beginning to do research on running surveys for Android users soon.
UX & User Research
Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
Questions, Comments, FYI
Actions this week
- Tyler to dig in on Sync feedback on beta, since reports so far have focused on Australis