Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)
- 1.1 Firefox Desktop & Platform (Gavin/Chad/Martin)
- 1.2 Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
- 1.3 Developer Tools (Jeff/Rob/Dave)
- 2 Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
- 3 Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team (Kev)
- 4 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio)
- 5 Questions, Comments, FYI
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)
- FF30 is now 100% released (we unthrottled earlier)
- FF31 beta 2 delayed on Desktop (probably due to a network glitch). See 1026738. Mobile is live.
- FF32 aurora updates are back.
Firefox Desktop & Platform (Gavin/Chad/Martin)
Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
Work In Progress
- Improve tab management (1004850,817716)
- Intent-driven distribution selection and download for partners (1013024)
- bug 1012720 Fix deleting prototype getters in Fennec code
- Folks looking into several things for Gonzales (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- Integrating Search Activity into m-c bug 1021864
- bug 1014848 - Improve interactions for "toolbar" (activating/deactivating awesome bar)
- bug 1014335 - Make "Pull to Refresh" in Synced Tabs and Home Panels feel excellent.
You can find more on upcoming feature plans in the[roadmap]
- Packaged app installation does not trigger
onsuccesscallback (Bug 985614)
- No way to remove dynamic panel added by home feeds add-on (Bug 1023544)
- No tooltip when long-pressing action bar's icons (Bug 943908)
- crash in js::GCMarker::drainMarkStack(js::SliceBudget&) (Bug 1011474)
- Fix suface stride calculation for 16-bit images (Bug 1023194)
- Disable undo close tab toast for Fx32 (Bug 1023406)
- Disable switch-to-new-tab button toast for Fx32 (Bug 1023407)
- support add-on hot fixes (Bug 1004571)
- Blacklist Top Sites suggestions that have been "removed" by user (Bug 1010266)
- crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid selection notification range: 0 to #, length: # at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoEditable.onSelectionChange(GeckoEditable.java) (Bug 1011059)
- Add a way to distinguish chrome hangs from content ones in BHR (Bug 1013326)
- Distribution handling is triggered by ActivityChooserModel during initial startup (Bug 1014242)
- Finish BrowserHealthRecorder initialization after distribution processing (Bug 1014283)
- Polish button toast appearance (Bug 1019318)
- First tap in the Marketplace page will open the same page in a new tab (Bug 1019613)
- Undo close tab super toast blocks access to the address bar (Bug 1019735)
- String bundles from .properties files don't reflect locale changes until browser restart (Bug 1020502)
- Text selection action bar is invoked on long tapping a images in Google Images (Bug 1020995)
- Record telemetry for browser database operations (Bug 1021922)
- Regression: Removing Item from Reading List by tapping banner icon fails (Bug 1022238)
- Empty state image cut off (Bug 1023914)
- Running some user studies about Android launcher apps and lock screens
- Detailing out the Search Activity UX (ibarlow, antlam)
- Some design refinements underway for contextual "tips" (antlam)
- Design strategy for onboarding experience (yuan)
- Coordinating with engineering on tablet refresh (yuan)
Developer Tools (Jeff/Rob/Dave)
- Lots of work in-flight on addressing promise rejections, follow this bug to track progress.
Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
- New tab broken by add-ons, still working on finding all the responsible ones and blocking but we did block an old version of Ask Toolbar which should help.
- HP Simple Pass (fingerprint-scanning & password management) broke in 30 and is EoL so no update coming. There's a company that should be making a replacement add-on that we're reaching out to.
- Crashing is up due to third-party things. Work is ongoing to address this.
- We'll be keeping an eye out now that we've pushed this update out to everyone.
- Release is SMOOOOOOOTH.
- Check it out: Rob is doing weekly feedback updates
Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team (Kev)
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio)
Questions, Comments, FYI
- It looks like approximately 20% of requests for complete updates of 29.0.1 came from users who should have been using partial updates. Filed bug 1025048 to investigate.
- The l10n dashboard now allows you to select sets of data that you might be interested in. https://blog.mozilla.org/axel/2014/06/17/create-your-own-dashboard/ talks about that.
- Jeff Beatty and Axel Hecht are working on getting desktop lagging localizations to update on 31 and 32, piggy-backing on adding a bunch of them to Fennec. We also work with communities not being able to update to remove them from the web, and get users updates to supported builds. That'll affect teams that can't commit to a milestone at which they want to be caught up. It shouldn't affect a lot of users, though.