Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- AirMozilla: for broadcast and saved recordings
- 1 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)
- 2 Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
- 3 Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
- 4 Developer Tools (Jeff)
- 5 Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
- 6 User Experience Research (Bill)
- 7 Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team (Kev)
- 8 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio or Winston)
- 9 Questions, Comments, FYI
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases (Lukas/Sylvestre/Lawrence)
- Desktop 35.0 RC build 2 is now with QA after having to rebuild for bug 1076975, a late-arrival
- Mobile 35.0 build delayed for bug 1073554 - we're looking at the options here including shipping with the regression and doing a 35.0.1 once a verified fix is ready
- ESR 31.4.0 on track
- We'll be moving the updates enabling by 4 days this cycle which means that we release next Tuesday, collect feedback for a few days and then enable updates at 100% on the Friday same week. First time experiment with this more rapid process.
- Merge Day is on Monday Jan 12th.
Firefox Desktop & Platform (Javaun/Chad/Martin)
There wasn't an official 37.3 iteration, due to holidays, but we start 38.1 next Tuesday. The areas of focus are: Hello:
- wrapping up Firefox 36/37 work, getting started on 38 (with a focus on sharing)
- finishing UX design work for Reading List/Synced Tabs
- research work support those features
- investigating sync back-end changes needed to support them
- continue to address important regressions from the Firefox 34 work
- UX design/research for next steps in search UI improvements
- focus on telemetry to begin improving filling/saving reliability
- finishing the migration work needed to start migrating "old sync" users to "new sync" in Firefox 37
- continue the refactorings needed to avoid main-thread IO
- continue supporting the e10s team in pushing through the e10s milestones
Polaris Privacy Work:
- Tor relays: doing tech spec'ing this week. NetOps/Opsec are designing this week, may start hardware work next week.
- User testing on Tracking Protection (Polaris pref in Nightly) starts next week. Questions to answer:
- what do users think about tracking? Does our experience meet their needs?
- Do we break their experience, and if so do they accept the tradeoff or blame the browser.
Firefox Mobile (Mark/Brad/Jenn)
Developer Tools (Jeff)
- Goals planning
- new performance tools are coming together nicely
- 21 bugs fixed last week, despite the holidays
Feedback Summary (Cheng/Tyler/Matt)
- No significant change in Hello feedback for 35: Still very, very low amounts of feedback. Most negative (non-prompted) feedback people who don't want it. One comment on the branding (Telefonica/O2).
- Only spike in negative feedback around the break was around the donation campaign which was viewed as spammy (especially since people got it even after they donated).
User Experience Research (Bill)
Market Insights from the Market Strategy Team (Kev)
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction (Arcadio or Winston)
- Dev browser campaign / message testing
- Search hijackers
- Yahoo optimization