Firefox/Projects/2010Q3 Dirty Startup Reduction
I would like to teach Firefox to startup fast with a non-clean profile.
- Project Lead: sdwilsh
- Dirty Profile Hunter: limi
Lots of data has been collected and analyzed, but no solid conclusions have shaken out.
- Ensure that startup time for a "dirty" profile in a profile with no add-ons or plugins installed/enabled is no worse than 20% of a clean profile's startup time on windows.
- Reduce startup time for a clean profile.
- Fix this for every possible dirty profile.
- Fix any startup issue caused by add-ons.
Timeline / Milestones
- Establish a few reproducible "dirty" profiles with add-ons and plugins uninstalled or disabled (limi). [dirty profiles have been collected]
- Get an idea of what slows us down on dirty profiles (sdwilsh). [blog post of results]
- Look at collected dirty profiles and see if any other trends shake out (sdwilsh). [blog post of results]
- See if add-ons are a major factor (sdwilsh) [ETA 9/2]
These are the bugs of interest:
|bug 572223 - too much cookie I/O||dwitte
None at the moment.
Some performance benchmark will be created. Behavioral changes are covered by our automated test harness.
Anything related to startup time reduction has potential.