Firefox/Projects/E10S Scope Investigation
Document scope of work for process separation in Firefox & port one feature as an experiment.
- IN FLIGHT
- Project Lead: dolske
- Project Members:
- starting to map out code issues, have first pass of pwmgr patch done.
- Understand tasks and difficulty required for Firefox E10S.
- Create some deliverable document outlining work.
- Port one feature to work in the E10S environment.
- Will not be actually enabling Firefox E10S.
Timeline / Milestones
These are the bugs of interest:
|bug 516752 - Electrolysis for Firefox tracking||bsmedberg||meta|
|bug 516518 - Overall Electrolysis Tracking||bsmedberg||meta|
Lots of churn and unfinished bits in E10N Project branch.
None; this is primarily a scope investigation and not implementation. Password manager changes will be covered by automated tests.