- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
Bon Echo Beta 2 Status
New Areas of Concern
Any Other Business
Bon Echo Beta 2
- if you want something in beta2, nominate the bug as blocking-firefox2? or blocking1.8.1? and set the target milestone as Firefox 2 beta2 or mozilla1.8.1beta2; drivers to triage the list daily from here to beta2 release (note: no target milestone means that it's not blocking that target)
- if you own a blocker and either see no clear path to resolution or have no time to complete, please mark as [at risk]
Schedule Review (uh-oh)
August 8: code freeze August 9-14: beta rcs, qa, l10n-qa, release notes August 15: planned ship date
- tracking bug is bug 328065
- landed (late) last week, several regressions filed
- some icon fit and finish issues
- search box fixes yet to come
- accounts for about 30% of the Firefox2 blockers, about half code and half graphics, meeting with Radiant Core this afternoon to do a theme specific triage
- schrep: who's doing the work at the moment? any way to parallelize?
- mconnor: that's what I'm trying to figure out this afternoon
- beltzner: landing patches gets more eyes on the problem, any news on when they're supposed to land the rest of the code changes
- mconnor: I'll know better after meeting this afternoon
- beltzner: we'll push an announcement to dev.planning based on the outcome of that meeting
- pkasting: any idea of how much work has been half done here?
- mconnor: will look into it
- beltzner: who's available to help with visual theme stuff?
- pamg, seth, myk, dietrich, jhughes will be back next week
- design discussion & patches in bug 343251
- seth: some regressions due to the new theme, but that's all I'm aware of, those are on file
- master tracking in bug 341420 and bug 338999
- brettw: pretty cool here, just need to fix selection of table cells which I broke, should take me until tomorrow
- in on branch, but not in a shippable state
- jwalden: 7 bugs left, 3 accessibility, 4 are polish (content pane squish on mac, finalize anti-phishing ui, focus rects). Plus the EULA dialog for anti-phishing.
- schrep: can you use any help on that?
- jwalden: no, I've got it all mostly started, should be a couple of days to completion
- schrep: can someone take the anti-phishing stuff
- beltzner: do we have plans to make the EULA nicer?
- jwalden: looks like we're going to include a link to a privacy dialog in the pref bundle for anti-phishing provider which will make the links clickable
- major/minor update support (bug 329729) still marked as blocking, should we move it?
- seth: nag timeout needs to be resolved as does what do we do when major update w/compatibility problems?
- seth: strategy is to land the strings for beta and then the rest for RC and backport to 188.8.131.52
- tony: large fonts patch should fix some/most of the RTL issues; could make a proper fix to have the bubble go the other way
- tony: for encryption, posted updated patch, waiting for review from bob lord, then need to change anti-phishing to use the new encryption UI
- tony: should take a few hours after getting bob's review
- cbeard: licensing arrangement is still in legal, which means that the full set of blacklisted URIs might not be available for beta2, but they'd become available sometime after beta2 is released
- axel: how many pages is the reporting URI localized into?
- tony: into the sixteen tier 1 locales for Firefox
- brendan: I need to consult with mrbkap. We have some unfinished work that's important to fix, but I don't know if they'll requiring holding the beta. There are a couple of bugs left which I'll request blocking for if they should block beta2.
- brendan: need to talk to mrbkap about a few other bugs that might be bad to ship, more to come!