Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) <-- note new extension: x92 instead of x91!
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Mostly on track to completely freeze on Friday
- Release date targeted at November 12. See the Releases page for more information.
- Using the new criteria for triaging. Still working out the details for "appeal" process.
New issue for commentary:
- Error/alert box with just "0" when installing Firefox.
- about 20k users
- low compared to Firefox 3 betas, though
- Plan for Beta 2
- complete work on the following features, based on feedback from beta 1
- complete these late feature additions
- we're also considering reviewed, solid, tested patches for some other small improvements but we will not hold Beta 2 for these
- 3.1 cases are a vast minority of cases on Support (1%), about 25% on Hendrix.
l10n-merged Firefox 3.1 linux builds available on the l10n server, details in Axel's blog
45 locales with localizer commits: be ca cs de en-GB eo es-AR es-ES et eu fi fr fy-NL ga-IE gu-IN he hi-IN hu id it ja ja-JP-mac ko lt mk nb-NO nl nn-NO oc pa-IN pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru si sk sq sr sv-SE te tr uk zh-CN zh-TW
18 locales with just Axel: af ar as bg cy da el gl is ka kn ku ml mn mr sl ta th
2 repositories to migrate: bn-IN lv
Outreach starting tomorrow, with better tooling now that l10n-merge works.
- Recruiting community testing
- Search Widget (Henrik) and Color Management (Ezadkiel)
- Additional release testing on Solaris (Sun China Team)
- Fx3.1 Feature testing progress spreadsheet
- Testplan completion %: 67% (last week: 64%)
- Estimated testcases: 444 (last week: 414)
- Testcase completion %: 29% (last week: 27%)
- Targeted % by Beta 2 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 50%
- Targeted % by RC1 ship: Testplans 100% | Testcases 90%
- Will present open issues and any flags at next week's platform meeting
- As always, Feature Testplans and progress here.
- Plans for a Private Browsing Testday pass on 10/31
- Running continuously Global-500 Tests on all Platforms with search for Leaks/Assertions/Crash (Tomcat)
- what machines can we mothball today, before EOL of FF2.0.0.x, FF3.0.x?
- for example, do we need talos on FF2.0.0.x?
- for example, do we need talos and fast-talos on FF3.0.x?
- Inventory in progress is here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering:Farm
- New Firefox 3.1 documentation this week:
- Tracking changes to the video element implementation; documentation updates forthcoming this week.
- Access controls documentation work starts next after that.
- Then comes worker threads.
- Rey will be working with the add-ons folks.
- Add-ons blog is up on blogs.mozilla.com
- Chris and Mike are working on stats + tools
- Dave Townsend and Mark Finkle will be handling tech questions and work with sheppy