Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Shipped yesterday evening
- Firefox 3.0.6 RRRT page
- RRRT report: The RRRT Team (thanks Rey!) got a report about Problems/Timeouts during the Updates to Firefox 3.0.6. After investigation also other people have seen this Problem. RRRT has informed Release - Drivers and Sam has throttled Updates bug 476875 - Tomcat
- Tracking any other issues and ensuring this one is fixed
- Firefox 3.0.7
- Mostly code froze last night
- Might take two or three more bugs
- In QA testing now
- Aiming for release in early March
Firefox 3.1 Development
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- down to <10 outstanding blocker nominations, will keep this list triaged daily
- down to 155 blockers without fixes for final ship, with an average find-fix rate of 20 blockers/week
- will be revving a bunch of UUIDs which may affect 3rd party plugins that have compiled binary components (virus scanners, CoolIris, that sort of thing)
Daily users (weekly average across versions)
- 3.1b2 - 350k daily users
- Shiretoko - 10k daily users
- Minefield - 6k daily users
- JS team making strong progress, one of the bigger issues looks to be resolved today (upon which many of the other issues are dependent)
- no further estimate at this time
- Firefox 3.1 Beta3 RRRT page is ready to go
- Last week's Yahoo toolbar/login issue may be a false alarm (may just be Yahoo cookies and coincidence that they all had the toolbar). Sorry guys.
- No new Firefox issues last week.
- The issue with update is causing people to get error messages, will keep RRRT appraised. Quick search gave 5 new threads (some with multiple people) in the past 24 hours.
- Waiting for ... guess what
- Fennec l10n waiting for tinderbox problems on arm-linux, bug 475961
- Fx3.0.6 shipped to world yesterday. First release of 2009!
- RRRT reporting Fx3.0.6 partial updates were timing out. bug 476875 filed to throttle AUS at 50%
- no news - waiting for "go".
- Current status: 76.5% compatible with 3.1 which jumps to nearly 81% once Firebug is compatible.
- Emails going out today or tomorrow; delayed by Bugzilla issues which IT had to deal with.
- Current compatibility dashboard still counts 2.0 only extensions. Revised dashboard will ship 2/19.
- Rey is going to start contacting developers that use binary components regarding the Gecko 1.9.1 update.
- Got Rey to post / discuss an IID change - might impact add-ons compat late in the game. Ask beltzner, he's on the mail thread.
- The Firefox 3.1 for developers page will be getting a substantial reorganization and cleanup this week.
- Hand-off of designs to SilverOrange has started, should be completed by the end of the week. Goal is still to start l10n and QA by 2/15.
- Refresh of Fx3 video ongoing with TRO
- Outreach for more beta testers started
- Updating 3.1 PR plan
- Review initial draft/sections of reviewer's guide
- Confirm Feb 27th to record what's new video
- Timeline for Beta 3 so we can begin press outreach
- justin agreed to follow up with morgamic to ensure that we could throttle Major Update snippets on a per version / channel basis (to allow users to "Check for Updates..." to Firefox 3.1 on launch day, but not have the offer given to users who do not explicitly check)