Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
- Firefox 3.0.7
- Need to re-spin tomorrow to pick up another security fix
- This pushes the release a couple of days at least
- Will know more on final and beta release days as QA tests
- Firefox 3.0.8
- Aiming for mid-April release
Firefox 3.1 Development
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- down to ~5 outstanding blocker nominations, will keep this list triaged daily
- at 139 blockers without fixes for final ship, with an average find-fix rate of 20 blockers/week
- 9 blockers left for b3
- those blockers are being actively worked and pushed on while we wait for b3
Daily users (weekly average across versions)
- 3.1b2 - 360k
- Shiretoko - 10k
- Minefield - 8k
- note that we'll be using a new mechanism for build naming for this beta
- Firefox 3.1 Beta3 RRRT page is ready to go
- Support 3.1 numbers: 19 threads out of 2034 (0.9%)
- AVG-caused breaking enter button in location bar is still top issue.
- .NET in useragent also affects third party extension sites which can serve the wrong extension version or say not compatible: i.e. Google toolbar.
- What could cause dictionaries to disappear? Some users have trouble with spell checker that installing a dictionary fixes.
- Axel wonders if this is a 3.0.x installed over 2.x deal due to the change from myspell -> hunspell in 3.0
- we need someone from QA to ensure that an install-over (not upgrade) from 220.127.116.11 -> 3.0.0x
- 6 string freeze breakers, only 2 of which are fixed
- Financial Institution page is up. Please signup to test on Firefox 3.1 nightlies! (Drop a mail to email@example.com for now)
- Tip: If websites are not rendering or loading correctly on the nightlies, be sure to follow these steps first before reporting a bug.
- Q: We are starting to see websites that are not supported on beta 2. What's the best way to report this list and to who?
- Firefox 3.1 Feature testing progress:
- Testplans (93% completed)
- Testcases (91% completed)
- 32 1.9.1 bugs verified last week
- Beta 3 testplan pending builds
- Fx3.0.7 -> 3.1b3 MU Trial Run testplan pending builds
- No news.
- Fx 3.1 compatibility email sent last week to top 500 developers not yet on 3.1.
- Expanding editorial team
- As a follow-up to last week's discussion on AVG bug 475653, we've been talking with the dev group who has prepped a fix and will be shipping shortly. Version 8.0 and below of SafeSearch will be nominated for blocklisting in 3.1.